spc
uniqs
ursa9999
join:2005-03-31
Norwood, MA

ursa9999 to Shady Bimmer

to Shady Bimmer

Re: Utter Frustration

Finally got my 4 TIVO cable cards authorized and paired and can now see CH 131. After 3 phone calls and a VZ decision to send me 4 new cards (1 of which was bad so they sent me another), I activated them using VZ in Home Agent. They were activated and I could view regular TV but no CH 131. As a last resort I used the chat function and actually got someone who I worked with for 4 hours and got all CC's working properly. In total I spent over 7 hours on the phone and Chat. It shouldn't be this hard. BTW, I found that when the agents tell you to check CH 131 they often don't wait long enough as it took mine a good 5 minutes after they said to check before they worked.

Hopefully this is the last of the CC saga.

Ursa...
ursa9999

ursa9999

Update: After getting my replacement cable cards authorized, what I feared came true. My bill reflected them at $3.99/mo. I had been under a 24 mo. contract that had them at $2.99/mo. So yet another call to VZ, and I am told I will get a 'valued customer discount' back to $2.99/mo for the remainder of my contract. So, all told it only took 5 phone calls and many hours to get this all straightened out.

Onedollar
join:2001-08-27
Pomona, CA

Onedollar

I dont ever remember cable cards being 2.99, even 2 years ago. Always been 3.99. Am i wrong?

nycdave
MVM
join:1999-11-16
Melville, NY

nycdave

MVM

Many years ago they were $2.99 each....

aaronwt
Premium Member
join:2004-11-07
Woodbridge, VA
Asus RT-AX89

aaronwt to Onedollar

Premium Member

to Onedollar
said by Onedollar:

I dont ever remember cable cards being 2.99, even 2 years ago. Always been 3.99. Am i wrong?

I used to have eight cable cards when I had my Series 3 TiVos. I paid $23.92 a month for all of them.
TheOtherPete
join:2001-06-28
Boyds, MD

TheOtherPete to Onedollar

to Onedollar
I'm still being charged $2.99 per cable card