uniqs

XT0RT
S3x, Drugs, War
join:2001-07-28
Edmonton, AB

XT0RT to ShawSean

to ShawSean

Re: [ALL] Ask ShawSean

And you want to be limited to 6Mbps on TekSavvy? I'm just saying...
tjsnide4
join:2004-07-26

tjsnide4

im already getting slower than that for 62 bucks now. I only get about 980KB/s download max in this area on shaw.

So yes, i would be very content with 6Mbps. Im not doing a whole lot of excessive downloading lately so i do not need the fastest plan possible.

I can already stream hd fine.

I sat through your BS UBB meetings Shaw. So instead of ripping us off through that you will just raise the price of everyone's plan's every few months...

XT0RT
S3x, Drugs, War
join:2001-07-28
Edmonton, AB

1 edit

XT0RT

I won't doubt that TekSavvy may be better suited for you, but switching to TekSavvy is not going to be cheap for you at the beginning. Do you also want to be limited to a 75GB cap?

You'll be forced to pay a setup fee, then your modem fee. Then if there happens to be any core network problems, TekSavvy will have to submit support requests to the owner of the core network. That naturally will be TELUS or Bell, depending on where you live in Canada.

Both those providers take weeks on end to resolve core network problems. I've had my share of support calls with TELUS, and I won't go back because of that. Granted, when their network works, it's lovely. When it doesn't, you'll be in for a long wait to get it fixed.

I see that TekSavvy managed to get full speed rights from TELUS, so you can get up to 25 Mbps down now.
tjsnide4
join:2004-07-26

tjsnide4

I already know about Teksavvy's starter fee's. I contemplated a move over to them during the UBB fiasco.

And for 35 bucks a month i can get 6Mbps and 300GB of traffic (which is usually around the max i use a month) connection using telus' network infrastructure.

Even if i had to pay for overages, they cap it off at 25 bucks so i would still be paying less with them. Or i could do unlimited and start paying 47 bucks a month again with increased speeds.

kevinds
Premium Member
join:2003-05-01
Calgary, AB

1 edit

kevinds

Premium Member

I was and still am seriously considering them as well, especially with the faster speeds now, and getting assigned a proper subnet is a very nice bonus.

PPPoE is my biggest hold-back, and how content I am with how well my Shaw connection performs, while I feel my Shaw connection is a fair price, the cost savings with Teksavvy is very attractive.