spc
uniqs

justwow
@comcast.net

justwow to KrK

Anon

to KrK

Re: I still keep a landline

Really?? You really think someone's going to cut your phone, cable, and power lines to rob your house? Sheesh, people really DO need to turn off the TV. My alarm system consists of my dog and a few firearms. I guess I'm just not as important as you...
fiberguy2
My views are my own.
Premium Member
join:2005-05-20

1 recommendation

fiberguy2

Premium Member

Apparently you don't understand how criminals have attempted to break into homes. That's why line monitoring is included in alarm panels.. because, you know, people cut phone and cable lines.
moonpuppy (banned)
join:2000-08-21
Glen Burnie, MD

2 recommendations

moonpuppy (banned) to justwow

to justwow
said by justwow :

Really?? You really think someone's going to cut your phone, cable, and power lines to rob your house? Sheesh, people really DO need to turn off the TV. My alarm system consists of my dog and a few firearms. I guess I'm just not as important as you...

Your firearms do you no good when you are not home and your dog is easily distracted with a couple of hot dogs.

Twaddle
@sbcglobal.net

Twaddle

Anon

Having an alarm system does little or no good when the police won't respond because they are too busy responding to shootings ,robberies, muggings, rapes and more generalized "revenue enhancement" duties. It's better than nothing but an alarm system is as good as the response time of the police and the alarm company and in bankrupt states like California its getting pretty dismal.

belawrence
They'll never let you in
join:2000-08-06
Santee, CA
ARRIS WBM760
(Software) pfSense
Ubiquiti UniFi AP

belawrence

I'm in SoCal - typical alarm response at my home by the Sheriff's department is 5 to 10 minutes - a house guest set it off once and didn't have the password when the monitoring center called and I had to rush home so the deputy would "unhook" my guest. The other time I purposely set off the panic alarm due to an unexpected visit from my ex - we are not on friendly terms.
said by Twaddle :

Having an alarm system does little or no good when the police won't respond because they are too busy responding to shootings ,robberies, muggings, rapes and more generalized "revenue enhancement" duties.

Wow! Where do you live!!!???