Wolfrider Elf
Premium Member
join:2000-03-23
Fairfield, MT

Suntop to ArrayList

Premium Member

to ArrayList

Re: Things that make you go Hummmmm.

Yes but QoS only goes so far. Besides, with Commiecast they can circumvent that so you are stuck with the pirating fools and all the streamers and gamers eating up the bandwidth,

ArrayList
DevOps
Premium Member
join:2005-03-19
Mullica Hill, NJ

ArrayList

Premium Member

with an attitude like that, yeah they would treat you like an ass.

Suntop
Wolfrider Elf
Premium Member
Fairfield, MT

2 edits

Suntop

Premium Member

That is because they are asses. I hate them. Besides, isn't the go golden rule Treat others the way you want to be treated? Hence, I am an ass towards them because they was asses to me oh so long ago.

ArrayList
DevOps
Premium Member
Mullica Hill, NJ

ArrayList

Premium Member

learn to grow up son.

Suntop
Wolfrider Elf
Premium Member
Fairfield, MT

Suntop

Premium Member

Who are you to tell me what to do? I can be whoever I am you like anyone else here cannot change me any more than any of you can stop Earths rotation.

ArrayList
DevOps
Premium Member
Mullica Hill, NJ

ArrayList

Premium Member

you are pissed about things that you have no control over. checkmate.

Suntop
Wolfrider Elf
Premium Member
Fairfield, MT
·T-Mobile
Netgear R6400
Netgear WNR1000
Netgear WNDR3400

Suntop

Premium Member

OMG seriously? You are playing this out like chess? I am not pissed in any way, just annoyed with them. They caused me a lot of issues back in the day I had them. In Tacoma they had cruddy service. I switched to CLICK! because of that. They not only had a superb network with is the "model" for municipalities starting their OWN Cable TV service with 2-way cable for Internet. I see the speeds have improved and the cost remained. Do yourself a favor research CLICK! and Tacoma Power. They are the FIRST ones to offer cable internet that ALLOWS YOU to choose an ISP from a set of 3 they have, unlike @home/AT&T/Comcast which you have to "use them". CLICK! is the first one to have a FIBER NETWORK even before FIOS. You see if more CITIES would do this, there would be a true competition for service.

Unfortunately, you just ended the game before even starting. I am sorry that you think you won. Did you even look at the cable company I was talking about?

ArrayList
DevOps
Premium Member
Mullica Hill, NJ

ArrayList

Premium Member

Like I said, you are upset about the service, which is something you have no control over. You did all you could do, you switched. Don't be upset about it. Just move on. It doesn't do any good to tell people how bad the service years ago was when the service today is not the same thing.

Suntop
Wolfrider Elf
Premium Member
Fairfield, MT
·T-Mobile
Netgear R6400
Netgear WNR1000
Netgear WNDR3400

Suntop

Premium Member

Well that is fine and all, although it may have improved they oversell and this is another problem. They need to state "Speeds up to 50mbps except during peak times when your speed may be considerably lower." TRUTH IN ADVERTISING. Instead of using ambiguous statements in their commercials. They also need to state "There is a cap of xxxGB" Then maybe they wouldn't get so much flak from angry consumers.

If they do it is in such small text that I struggle to read it and I have 20/20 vision. There needs to be a law change where they are forced to put it large enough to be seen by the general populace. I find the reason is the CEO knows if they tell the truth they will not get customers. They make the fine print so small that no one can really read it in the time it is on the screen. THEY know this so they do this on purpose. For example, I noticed on the AT&T Wireless commercial they were caught with their pants down when showing off the use of the internet with simulated screens on iPhones, this caused an uproar when it was not that fast. So they were forced to put "Screen is simulated" first it was small but after a while it got to a size most everyone can read. This did make the consumer more confident in their choice knowing that it was a simulated screen.

Here is a question: Why can't they show real world experiences with things that these companies sell, be truthful, and not be deceptive with full explanations as what a person will really get with their service?

My answer is: "To do so will not get as many suckers as they would being truthful."

Sad, it is very sad that they have to LIE to get customers... And these companies wonder why many are leaving in droves. It is unlikely that this will ever change. Unless an act of Congress and FCC requires the truth be said and not in very small print where no one can read. Unlimited Internet (the access to the service is unlimited, not the speed or bandwidth) This went on for a while until they were forced to to state to the effect of being throttled after hitting the 2-3GB cap. I just do not understand why they have to be so deceptive, damn snake oil sellers.

I wonder if in other countries they are more honest with the service they offer and not be deceptive in their advertising.

ArrayList
DevOps
Premium Member
Mullica Hill, NJ

ArrayList

Premium Member

All of those things that you want them to say, they say. They say it in the AUP, TOS, and several other documents that you agree to.

"Speeds up to 50mbps except during peak times when your speed may be considerably lower."

the whole UP TO part includes peak time slowdowns. in fact, zero mbps is included in that UP TO bit.

As to why they don't provided a detailed description as to what to expect from the service. Well, they don't do that because that would be horrible marketing. Nobody does that.