All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
rnijmeh
join:2012-07-20
Scarborough, ON

rnijmeh to DS256

to DS256

Re: How to tell if Rogers blocks my URL?

Thanks DS256 for the quick investigative work! Odd it wouldn't resolve .me domains for you.

I did a search but couldn't find the issues you are referring to.

Any way you can help point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

yyzlhr
@rogers.com

yyzlhr

Anon

Works fine here as well using Rogers DNS servers.

DS256
Premium Member
join:2003-10-25
Markham, ON

DS256 to rnijmeh

Premium Member

to rnijmeh
I mentioned my WHOIS that only resolves the more standard extensions in case it was related.

Sorry, can't help unless there are more details on the blockage. What is the actual error?

I myself have no problems in getting to your URL using OpenDNS and Chrome.
DS256

DS256

Premium Member

One last thought, give them your IP address rather than your URL and see if that works for them. It will bypass DNS lookup which may be the problem if Rogers DNS's don't have it.
rnijmeh
join:2012-07-20
Scarborough, ON

rnijmeh

Good idea re: IP address DS256! Thanks!

There isn't an error, just a blank page/server not found kind of thing. As if the domain doesn't exist.

Anyone else have any ideas or tips?
rnijmeh

rnijmeh

Click for full size
My customer replied and said he can access the site by IP, but he gets an altavista page (above) when accessing via Rogers and the domain name.

I recommended he try OpenDNS, but there's a whole slew of people who probably can't access my site and DON'T tell me!

Any ideas? Any way I can make sure the few Rogers customers who can't get to my site, can?

DS256
Premium Member
join:2003-10-25
Markham, ON

DS256

Premium Member

1. Provide a documented WHOIS on what your DNS entry looks like to customers who have the problem.

2. Find a friendly Rogers customer who has the problem to open a support call with Rogers complaining about not being able to get to your site.

3. I would also check with your DNS registrar about possible problems propagating your DNS through DNS Servers.