Immortal. Eternal.
Premium
join:2001-10-03
Bellevue, NE
kudos:4
Reviews:
·ooma

Availability Utility?

When I first got the flyer in my mailbox saying my address qualified for @home back in october, it had an address on it that you could qualify your home address through to double check you could get the service. I've had it since then and it runs great. After the conversion I speed test at 1490-1520/120+ consistently. My wife and I are thinking about moving houses soon though, and of course one of the top 3 things I'm looking at is "CAN I KEEP MY CABLE INTERNET!?!?!?!??!?!" I've searched the MCHSI site up and down, here and there, near and far ad nauseum but can't find this nifty little tool there. Does anyone know where they've hidden it?
--
They search and strain and drink and stagger... but I'm never going to look back....

pdx77
Fuel The Fire

join:2001-12-07
Beaverton, OR
The link you are reffering to was part of @home's website.

It sounds to me like you are moving within the same city, you should just call Mediacom and ask if the offer the service at your new house.

Santa Fe
Living With Diabetes.
Premium,Mod
join:2000-08-22
Freight Yard
kudos:5
reply to ProtusMose
I found one section that said where it was available:»www.mymediacomonline.com/springf···ems.html

But I think it's gone! Left them E-Mail saying they ought to bring it back. Wonder if they will do anything about it.
--
"I've got a bad feeling about this!"!!!

redxii
Premium,Mod
join:2001-02-26
Sherwood, MI

ProtusMose
Immortal. Eternal.
Premium
join:2001-10-03
Bellevue, NE
kudos:4
Reviews:
·ooma
reply to ProtusMose
The house i'm looking at is in Springfield city limits, but a little further bit out.

Does anyone know where to get a phone number for mediacom? I found it once after 2 days of searching. Their phone number is like looking for the Holy Grail.
--
They search and strain and drink and stagger... but I'm never going to look back....

Santa Fe
Living With Diabetes.
Premium,Mod
join:2000-08-22
Freight Yard
kudos:5
You can try here:»Mediacom FAQ »Customer Service telephone numbers
--
"I've got a bad feeling about this!"!!!

redxii
Premium,Mod
join:2001-02-26
Sherwood, MI
reply to ProtusMose
Thanks Santa Fe. I am on a irritatingly slow LAN at the moment...

pdx77
Fuel The Fire

join:2001-12-07
Beaverton, OR
reply to ProtusMose
800-874-2998 is the ## I found for Springfield to call.

I knew that @Home had on their website a space where you could just type in your address and it would tell you if your address had @home service. It was good for areas that was still being re-built.

Dewi3
Premium
join:2001-09-28
united kingd
reply to redxii
That is sort of a wierd availability chart. They serve a *tiny* amount of Huntsville, with Comcast and Knology taking up the most. They primarily serve Madison County (which it used to say)

spuddep

join:2002-03-12
Springfield, MO
reply to ProtusMose
The local number here in Springfield is 875-5500.