uniqs

gate1975mlm
Premium Member
join:2001-09-30
Philadelphia, PA

gate1975mlm to Hank

Premium Member

to Hank

Re: Samsung 830 SSD will not show up in the bios.

said by Hank:

Sorry to hear that, I know how that can upset one. Stripped screws can sometimes be removed by wedging a thin object under the edge of the screw and the surrounding surface. If you cannot wedge something under the head try placing just a bit of downward pressure on the stand as you turn the screw. I looked at your PC assemble manual and you may have just crossed the threads on the screw. If so you can probably pick up a replacement at your local hardware, I know Ace carries several standard and metric replacement screws. Just relax and take your time, you'll get everything back to normal.

Well I have tried for hours and hours and could not get the screw out no matter how hard I tried I must be very weak or something. Anyway I was able to get someone else to get the screw out and the stand off It seems the thing that holds the screw in broke and fell off. So now even if I get a new screw it will not lock in. O well it could always be worse and I could have broken the whole computer lol

So I will ship back the SSD drive and will just use the computer as it was before and just deal with the slow 5400RPM drive.

Next time I will just have a computer built with a SSD included cause upgrading thing myself can sure be a pain in the ass sometimes.

Take Care

Hank
Searching for a new Frontier
Premium Member
join:2002-05-21
Burlington, WV

Hank

Premium Member

That is indeed unfortunate. How was the base mount fastened to the PC?