airwingjim
Euclid314
Premium
join:2001-08-05
Clearwater, FL
Reviews:
·Bright House

[Rant] Clear Internet rip off in Tampa Fla. I could use some hel

My son and I moved back to the States in March from Belize. I needed to be close to the VA hospital, so we came to Tampa. I signed up with Directv and they offered "Clear Internet" as our internet service for 29.99 per month. (It's a 4G connection)They called and set up the service. We had to buy the modem for a BS amount. Part of the 29.99 p/m deal was automatic bill pay. I had to spend 2 and a half months in the hospital.
When I get out I find they have been charging 49.99 per month, not 29.99. I looked briefly on line to see if others had been screwed but found nothing.
Anyway, I call to cancel service (no contract, you can quit at any time) on Saturday 14th. After 30 minutes of them offering to lower the bill, he says they can't cancel it on the weekends and to call back on Monday. Monday morning I notice another 49.99 charge for 7/15 to 8/15. I call and cancel my service on Monday 16th and they say they can't refund charges once they have been made. He says yes he sees where I called that weekend to cancel, but there is nothing he can do... I ask to speak to a supervisor and another 15 minutes go by and he returns to say they can't find a supervisor but leave my phone # and he will call later this week. Well of course nothing. (Now it's the weekend and I'm going to have to wait till Monday.
Can anyone find any other people that Clear has pulled this on?
Please help with my search, I suck at Google search.
--
Dell 8400, 3.2 GHz, P-4, PC-1056, 1.2 GHz DDR2SDRam, WinXP home, 256MB ATI X800, THX 5.1, SBlas Aud.* Logitech 4000 Cam, Dell 960 printer, , 22" Dell monitor** USMC~Vietnam 69-70~100%disabled~Quang Tri Pr. Chu-Lai, DaNang, BenWa. DAV,VFW,VVA. "SemperFi"

aannoonn

@optonline.net

Re: [Rant] Clear Internet rip off in Tampa Fla. I could use some

Dispute the charges with your credit card company.

Secyurityet
Premium
join:2012-01-07
untied state
reply to airwingjim

Why wouldn't you go with FiOS? Tampa's all lit up...

J E F F
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..

said by Secyurityet:

Looks like they wanted a 4G connection.

I'd go with what the other poster said, dispute with your credit card company.
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

airwingjim
Euclid314
Premium
Clearwater, FL
Reviews:
·Bright House
reply to Secyurityet

said by Secyurityet:

I tried! 1st place I called... Fib Opts go right past my house on Bruce Downs Av. but they haven't come down University Square Dr. Damn it!!!!
--

USMC~Vietnam 69-70~100%disabled~Quang Tri Pr. Chu-Lai, DaNang, BenWa. DAV,VFW,VVA. "SemperFi"

Secyurityet
Premium
join:2012-01-07
untied state

said by airwingjim:

said by Secyurityet:

I tried! 1st place I called... Fib Opts go right past my house on Bruce Downs Av. but they haven't come down University Square Dr. Damn it!!!!

I'd move out to Brandon then.

bionicRod
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium
join:2009-07-06
united state
kudos:2
reply to airwingjim

I would not call in again but send an e-mail to the senior executive team of either Clear or DirecTV. Make a big enough stink with the bigwigs and your problem will go away.

airwingjim
Euclid314
Premium
Clearwater, FL
Reviews:
·Bright House
reply to J E F F

Visa has put money back into the acct . and she says I will win dispute. These companies charge more than agreed on prices and won't refund because most people don't want to argue with some idiot 19 yr. old for a few $.
No one takes pride in their work anymore and can't be shamed into doing the right thing.
--

USMC~Vietnam 69-70~100%SC-disabled~9th Marines 1st BN. and 1st Marine Air Wing~Quang Tri Pr. Chu-Lai, DaNang, BenWa. DAV,VFW,VVA. "SemperFi"

J E F F
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..

said by airwingjim:

Visa has put money back into the acct . and she says I will win dispute. These companies charge more than agreed on prices and won't refund because most people don't want to argue with some idiot 19 yr. old for a few $.
No one takes pride in their work anymore and can't be shamed into doing the right thing.

It's the reason why I use credit card for any of these types of transactions. No way in hell are they going to fight Visa/Mastercard for theiryour money.
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein