spc
uniqs

tim87
@rogers.com

tim87 to biznatch11

Anon

to biznatch11

Re: [TV] CRTC ruling favours more choice in TV bundles

Yes they did try it in London. It was actually promoted as heavily as possible. It was advertised on Roger's official blog and was pushed at London area retail stores. It was not advertised on the main site because the rogers website does not support location based marketing down to the municipal level. But yes the offerings were pretty garbage unless you only watch the locals.
biznatch11
join:2004-11-21
London, ON

biznatch11

said by tim87 :

Yes they did try it in London. It was actually promoted as heavily as possible. It was advertised on Roger's official blog and was pushed at London area retail stores. It was not advertised on the main site because the rogers website does not support location based marketing down to the municipal level. But yes the offerings were pretty garbage unless you only watch the locals.

Late reply, but: Advertising it on their blog and in stores is pretty much useless. How many people even know about their blog (or if they do, how many read it on a regular basis) and who even goes in to a Rogers stores unless you're going to buy or having problems with a cell phone or need to replace or return a modem or cable box? I'm in a Rogers store maybe once a year (less if I can help it). I get junk from Rogers in the mail on a fairly regular basis and I never got anything telling me about this, that is how they should have advertised it.

I definitely would have tried it out, instead, I cancelled my cable in February since I was paying way too much and watching only a few channels. I don't know exactly when they were offering the build your own bundles but was it around that time? Because no one on the phone when I called Rogers to cancel ever offered it to me, and I spoke to several people in January and February of this year.