uniqs
share rss forum feed

karan2670

join:2005-02-07
India

[Word] Need help recovering .docx file

Click for full size
Hi guys,
I apologize if this is the wrong forum or a doublepost(Forgot to login,post hasnt been added and probably made it in the wrong forum)
Anyway,Im trying to recover last two days of work. Im attaching a screenshot and as you can see the first file last modified 20/7 has become somehow corrupted, I can only open the file last modified on 18/7. Anyway possible to recover data? The file is the AnabolicXXXL one..
Thanks a lot

Cudni
La Merma - Vigilado
Premium,MVM
join:2003-12-20
Someshire
kudos:13

Were you working straight from zipped folder or did you archive it subsequently ? Does Word offer you to recover files when you open it? Did you check temp folders?

Cudni
--
"what we know we know the same, what we don't know, we don't know it differently."
Help yourself so God can help you.
Microsoft MVP, 2006 - 2012/13

karan2670

India

Click for full size
Hi thanks for the reply.
My brother was working straight from the zip folder and using cntrl+s to save the file..it was working fine till suddenly this morning got corrupted somehow..Word offers to repair it but is unable to do so...

Cudni
La Merma - Vigilado
Premium,MVM
join:2003-12-20
Someshire
kudos:13
reply to karan2670

Are you still trying to open it from zipped folder? What happens if you extract it first? Then maybe try the following
»support.microsoft.com/kb/893672

Cudni
--
"what we know we know the same, what we don't know, we don't know it differently."
Help yourself so God can help you.
Microsoft MVP, 2006 - 2012/13

b_p_smith

join:2002-02-13
Merrickville, ON
reply to karan2670

As a last resort, if all else fails and you just want to try to get the content, rename a copy of the file as .zip (.docx files are really zip files). Inside the zip you'll find a folder structure with a bunch of xml files, from which you should be able to recover the contents.

Actually, one other option is to maybe look at OpenOffice. I haven't played with that in a long time, but I believe it supports docx files, and may be more tolerant of the "corruption" and let you get at most of the original material.

I suppose now isn't a good time to mention daily backups?
--
Xplornet WiMAX -} Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH running DD-WRT -} about 13 machines running everything you can think of.

karan2670

India

Thanks for the help both of you
Didnt work, but thankfully data lost was only a few hours of work..lesson learnt and daily backups on email now and a pen drive.

Thanks

Expand your moderator at work