vue666 (banned)
Let's make Canchat better!!!
join:2007-12-07

vue666 (banned) to Kardinal

to Kardinal

Re: [Serious] Scarborough block party turns violent

said by Kardinal:

said by vue666:

Banning something does not work (prohibition, drugs, etc)...

So we should just legalize everything that is banned, since the bans aren't working? I don't follow your logic.

SO should I then deduce you believe prohibition worked? That our present marijuana laws are adequate? OR would you prefer to live in a police state...

To live in a free and democratic society there will always be risks. Empowering the government to control our lives is not a good idea...

It is perplexing to believe criminals who do not uphold the law will obey gun laws when they commit crimes..
quote:
Thomas Jefferson
When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.

Kardinal
Dei Gratina Regina
Mod
join:2001-02-04
N of 49th

Kardinal

Mod

said by vue666:

said by Kardinal:

said by vue666:

Banning something does not work (prohibition, drugs, etc)...

So we should just legalize everything that is banned, since the bans aren't working? I don't follow your logic.

SO should I then deduce you believe prohibition worked? That our present marijuana laws are adequate? OR would you prefer to live in a police state...

If you are "deducing" that from my questioning your post, that's some more logic I'm not following.....or it's just a diversion/deflection/tangent.....
vue666 (banned)
Let's make Canchat better!!!
join:2007-12-07

1 edit

vue666 (banned)

Do we not learn from history that simply banning something does not make the problem go away.

The Volstead Act did not make the American public's desire to consume alcohol go away, it's not working with drugs and it will not work with guns. All it does is provide a very lucrative market for criminals...

Taking away a pencil from someone who can not spell does not resolve the spelling problem... We need to find out why people want to get stoned, drunk and shoot each other. Then and only then we will have fixed the problem...