Charlotte, NC
Reviews:
·VOIPO
·ooma
·Verizon Broadban..
·Northland Cable ..
·Time Warner Cable

Keeping Unlimited?

DroidLife has an interesting read that upgraders are getting to keep their unlimited plans...

»www.droid-life.com/2012/07/20/ve···re-76781

IowaCowboy
Iowa native
Premium
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon Broadban..
·Comcast

I got rid of my unlimited since I was using about a gig or two a month. I have a 4 gig allowance and I have used almost two gigs between an iPhone, a Jetpack and the LTE radio on my iPad. I have not had the devices for a whole month yet but I can upgrade to 6 gigs for $10 more a month. I am also adding two dumb phones to my share everything plan next week, but they don't use that much data

It made more economic sense to go the share everything route. Your case might be different. Adding mom and grandma to my plan will be about half the cost that they are paying right now to AT&T.

MemphisPCGuy
Taking Care Business
Premium
join:2004-05-09
Memphis, TN
reply to ke4pym

My wife and daughter have 300mb plans and I have unlimited on the Verizon Family Plan and we pay 192.00 - ShareEverything would give them access to more data and me less but cost $220. Guess I'll stick with what I got.
--
Onsite Computer Support in Memphis
»www.memphispcguy.com

norbert26
Premium
join:2010-08-10
Warwick, RI
reply to ke4pym

i dropped the unlimited data too as i needed the unlimited voice and text was a value to me. I figured i would just make sure i do any streaming on home / office / road WI-FI . I put the 300 mb plan on. Yesterday something went wrong and i had 245 mb of data usage (according to the verizon wireless website) . No text warning came when i passed half way . I went into phone settings and the phone says i only used 86 mb this month. I also turned off cell data in phone settings (iPhone 4) until i determine where this 245 mbs of data went.

Expand your moderator at work

Hall
Premium,MVM
join:2000-04-28
Germantown, OH
kudos:2
reply to ke4pym

Re: Keeping Unlimited?

I saw this comment in their story, "It could also be that some are more special than others and simply slipping through the cracks" and had to laugh. Sorry, computer/business systems don't operate that way ! Now, they could have 'flags' that are added to people's account for one reason or another or it could be done randomly at the moment but it's definitely not a case of the computer system missing it.

ke4pym
Premium
join:2004-07-24
Charlotte, NC
Reviews:
·VOIPO
·ooma
·Verizon Broadban..
·Northland Cable ..
·Time Warner Cable

said by Hall:

I saw this comment in their story, "It could also be that some are more special than others and simply slipping through the cracks" and had to laugh. Sorry, computer/business systems don't operate that way ! Now, they could have 'flags' that are added to people's account for one reason or another or it could be done randomly at the moment but it's definitely not a case of the computer system missing it.

Agreed. I went through the process and found that I could keep unlimited data. Though, I really want to learn more about the forthcoming Moto Droid HD jobbie, thingie.