uniqs
share rss forum feed

bigbadmitch
Premium
join:2009-04-18
Brooklyn, NY
reply to jarablue

Re: Verizon upgrading FIOS tiers

No sure where everyone is getting that you will be upgraded free I just had a chat with support and they said if I wanted the new speed I would have to pay for it. I told them I have 35/35 plan and since they don't have it any more shouldn't I be given the new teir freee they said I will have to pay the price increase.
Can someone please tell me what is happening do they know what they are talking about should I wait and see should I cycle my router? should I call and speak to someone in tech support?
I'm really confused now
Thanks
--
Mitch
»www.3alienswebhosting.com/ Out of this World Hosting
»bloginsphere.com/ free Blogs

bigbadmitch
Premium
Brooklyn, NY
I just search and found this
»www.fiercecable.com/story/verizo···12-06-18

prisaz

join:2008-08-11
Germantown, MD
To get the same price you pay now, you will be downgraded, or pay the increase in price, with it comes the faster speed. Like it or not. Plain and simple. Quantumly. BLEEPED

Thinkdiff
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-07
Bronx, NY
kudos:11
reply to bigbadmitch
Nobody ever said the upgrades would be free. It's been stated many, many times in multiple threads that you have to pay to upgrade.
--
University of Southern California - Fight On!

bigbadmitch
Premium
Brooklyn, NY
A fee people did One even said I cycled my router and nothing yet.

Steely
I rise when the sun goes down
Premium
join:2000-10-15
Princeton Junction, NJ
kudos:1
reply to Thinkdiff
said by Thinkdiff:

Nobody ever said the upgrades would be free. It's been stated many, many times in multiple threads that you have to pay to upgrade.

Apparently, Comcast is taking a different approach...

"Confirming another early scoop by Broadband Reports, the company has announced they're also doubling the speed of the existing Xfinity Blast! and Extreme 50 customers at no additional charge, from 25 to 50 Mbps and 50 to 105 Mbps, respectively."

»Comcast Confirms Our Scoop: 305 Mbps Coming Soon

aaronwt
Premium
join:2004-11-07
Woodbridge, VA
said by Steely:

said by Thinkdiff:

Apparently, Comcast is taking a different approach...

"Confirming another early scoop by Broadband Reports, the company has announced they're also doubling the speed of the existing Xfinity Blast! and Extreme 50 customers at no additional charge, from 25 to 50 Mbps and 50 to 105 Mbps, respectively."

»Comcast Confirms Our Scoop: 305 Mbps Coming Soon

With a 300GB cap and speeds that slowdown during peak hours? I would much rather pay more at FiOS for consistent speeds with no cap.

nycdave
Premium,MVM
join:1999-11-16
Melville, NY
kudos:17
And just wait until Comcast decides to 'exempt' its 305Mb tier from the 300GB cap - what fun the net neutrality fans will have....