Premium Member
join:2003-04-05
Kailua, HI

Snowy to garys_2k

Premium Member

to garys_2k

Re: [Scam] Perfectly legal scam

An ethical scam, hmm.
A litmus test for "what is a scam" would be a disregard for ethics so an "ethical scam" would be a contradiction in terms, IMO.
»en.wiktionary.org/wiki/c ··· in_terms

garys_2k
Premium Member
join:2004-05-07
Farmington, MI

garys_2k

Premium Member

Sorry for the confusion, I meant "ethics scam," where you create it to be misleading, on purpose, you mean to confuse people, but yet you skate just on the good side of legality. You can pull on your halo and say "Hey, look, I didn't REALLY lie, it's all there in writing, see?" but it's still going to be misread by people who aren't that observant.

Snowy
Lock him up!!!
Premium Member
join:2003-04-05
Kailua, HI

Snowy

Premium Member

said by garys_2k:

Sorry for the confusion, I meant "ethics scam,"...

That's a good way of looking at it!
It defines a scam for what it is regardless of legal standing.

AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium Member
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ

AVD

Premium Member

said by Snowy:

said by garys_2k:

Sorry for the confusion, I meant "ethics scam,"...

That's a good way of looking at it!
It defines a scam for what it is [b]regardless of legal standing[/b}.

yes... exactly.

GroovyPhoenx
Premium Member
join:2006-05-22
Gloucester, ON

1 recommendation

GroovyPhoenx to garys_2k

Premium Member

to garys_2k
said by garys_2k:

There's "legal" scam and "ethical" scam, sometimes there's a difference. I'd put this one in the ethical scam camp but it's likely a good lawyer could convince a judge of its legality.

Well said, which is why I "argued" that it wasn't a scam by "legal" definition, simply because they are offering a service, using tons of legal wranglings no doubt to remain legal and sound alarmist, though I will admit, I had placed "The" in front of the Local records office, which once more changes the wording from "A local office can provide it" to "We can provide it we are the local office"

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

You want a scam? How about Apple selling graphics cards "upgrades" at twice the MSRP that are two generations obsolete.

»store.apple.com/us/brows ··· ic_cards

Camelot One
MVM
join:2001-11-21
Bloomington, IN

Camelot One

MVM

said by Krisnatharok:

You want a scam? How about Apple selling graphics cards "upgrades" at twice the MSRP that are two generations obsolete.

»store.apple.com/us/brows ··· ic_cards

That is not a scam. That is just Apple being Apple.

JustBurnt
@rr.com

JustBurnt to Popster27

Anon

to Popster27
The Infomercial scammer Don Lapre got his start selling a program for people to get any FHA mortgage insurance due others but you had to go to those people do it then pay you for telling them how to do it, doesn't make much sense when you think about it, and didn't last long.

Last I read he is in trouble for the Vitamins he has been pushing.