spc
Search similar:

uniqs
thrgr
join:2012-07-22
Ottawa, ON

thrgr

[Internet] Connecting USB device to mac through bell hub sagemco

I've just received a Sagemcom 2864 modem and I tried to connect my mac to a USB device through the hub. I tried smb://mynetwork as well as smb://{ROUTER IP ADDRESS} and smb://gateway as suggested before with no luck. Can anybody help me?
I'm runnign macos 10.7.4
The error message I received is "The server may not exist or is unavailable at that time ..."
Gauthier
join:2012-09-08
Verdun, QC

Gauthier

Re: [Internet] Connecting USB device to mac through bell hub sag

I have the same problem with my two mac (Macbook Pro @ Macbook Air). I'm running MacOS 10.8.1

I have a windows 7 virtual machine (with WMware Fusion) on my Macbook Pro, and no problem to access to the smb share.

I think this is a problem bitween MacOS and SagemCom 2864 (protocol problem or bug)

TilhasBB
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
canada

2 edits

TilhasBB to thrgr

Premium Member

to thrgr
There was a problem connecting to the server "192.168.2.1" the version of the server you are trying to connect to is not supported. Please contact your system administrator to resolve the problem.
»[Internet] Sagemcom F@st 2864 disabled USB Ports?

Nothing works on my MAC to the modem. It's because it uses an old unsecure protocol that the MAC refuses to connect to. I'm posted on the Bell Direct forums if there is a firmware upgrade.

Gauthier, when you copy stuff from your windows to the harddrive, does it mess up the time stamp? (modified/created dates)

Vince
@bell.ca

Vince

Anon

Is anyone able to connect to a USB HD that is plugged into the Connection Hub from a MacOS 10.8 device?

I'm able to connect to the hard drive through my SmartTV and my Windows7 desktop but not able to through my MacBook. The error that I'm seeing is:

"There was a problem connecting to the server //mynetwork.
The version of the server you are trying to connect to is not supported. Please contact your system administrator to resolve the problem"

I called Bell Technical Shit-port and as usual, they were not able to assist....
tabletchef
join:2012-09-03
K2J0V1

tabletchef to thrgr

to thrgr
Same issue here. I'm running a macbook pro with 10.8.1 and a virtual machine using parallels of windows.
I can connect to the usb stick with windows, but not with the mac!
Hopefully there is a solution out there. There seems to be a lot of us in the same boat.
Gauthier
join:2012-09-08
Verdun, QC

Gauthier to TilhasBB

to TilhasBB
Hi Tilhas,

Can you provide us the link of your post on Bell forums ?
I try to find some firmware upgrades but without any success...

I have done some tests with my windows VM, and I did not remark any timestamp mistakes.

TilhasBB
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
canada

TilhasBB

Premium Member

it is in the direct forums. Only Bell support have access to it.

DrPaul
@bell.ca

DrPaul

Anon

Is there any news on this?
I called Bell and they said they have never had this problem
I am on OS 10.8
As suspected my windows machines access the USB drive without a problem