My Fairport DSL keeps dropping and I have done the following steps to improve the connection of my DSL.
1. Checked filters and made sure the cat did not bite any.
2. Checked my DSL connection from the nid jack outside. Dsl outside was a solid connection with a 15 margin db down and up but I did not test it for very long.
3. Changed out the entire line in my house with a Cat 5 cable and made sure that the DSL was the only thing on the line.
After step 3 my connections sync speed does not change after each drop out like it use to. I would go from 3500 kbps down and 912 kbps up to 700 kbps down 800 kbps up.
Now I am confused is there something I am missing?
My Margin down speed db keeps changing from 14.0 and drops all the way to 6.1 and when it does drop I can no longer use the internet but the Internet stays connected
1. »www.pingtest.net/result/66789210 ··· 9210.png
2. »www.pingtest.net/result/66789493 ··· 9493.png
Some times theres jitter most of the time theres 0-1 jitter.
1. »speedtest.net/result/2076879106. ··· 9106.png
2. »speedtest.net/result/2078044613. ··· 4613.png
3. »speedtest.net/result/2078048466. ··· 8466.png
4. »speedtest.net/result/2078049682. ··· 9682.png
The third speed test my margin db dropped dorn to 6.5 and the internet paused for a minute or two.
Here is my stats.
Transceiver Revision A2pB020b3.d20h
Vendor ID Code 4D54
Line Mode ADSL_2plus
Data Path FAST
Transceiver Information Down Stream Path Up Stream Path
DSL Speed (Kbits/Sec) 3547 912
Margin (dB) 3.7 14.4
Line Attenuation (dB) 49.5 25.0
Transmit Power (dBm) 15.2 12.6