how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

richrockstar

join:2010-03-14
Wake Forest, NC

[Embarq] 40/20 in Wake Forest, NC

I saw this... »[Qwest] 40/20 DSL just ordered and checked with Centurylink in Wake Forest, we're still on 25/2.... any ideas when the area will get 40/20?

bkwyatt98

join:2012-01-05
Martinsville, VA

1 edit
I thought all of NC was controlled by AT&T. but if it helps any here in Martinsville centurylink is upgrading places with more fiber for Prism TV which probably means speeds around 40/20 or something similar i hope.

richrockstar

Wake Forest, NC
reply to richrockstar
well we have prism, and have had it for a year, but we can choose between prism, or 25mb down/2mb up... whereas our time warner allows for 50mb down/5mb up

bkwyatt98

join:2012-01-05
Martinsville, VA

3 edits
oh well that kinda sucks for me i figured that with prisim they would have it with speeds faster than 25/2 but hey i would be happy with that right now we only have 1.5. the fastest that centurylink offers in the main city is 10mbps with the exception of one apartment that has FTTB. But they have been expanding their fiber network a lot. im about 10000 feet from the DSLAM so im not sure what speeds will be available when they finish the fiber build out. How do you like prism tv? what do you mean you can choose you can not have tv and fast internet?

Irish Shark
Play Like A Champion Today
Premium,MVM
join:2000-07-29
Las Vegas, NV
kudos:5
You can have Prism TV, or the 25mb package, but not both. Prism TV takes about 15mb, leaving around 10mb for internet.
--
"You can observe a lot by watching". Yogi Berra

iansltx

join:2007-02-19
Austin, TX
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·Verizon Online DSL
reply to richrockstar
40/20 is delivered over VDSL2 in legacy Qwest markets. It's a Qwest tier and may never make it over to the legacy CenLink/CenTel/Embarq side. 25/2 is a legacy CenLink/Embarq tier, on the other hand, and uses bonded ADSL2+. You probably won't find that in a legacy Qwest market for another few years either, though it sure would be nice if it was available since basically anywhere that can get 12/896 on Qwest now would be able to get 25/2 via bonding (VDSL2 has a very short range for speeds like 40/20...think in the couple-thousand-foot range, whereas 25/2 bonded ADSL2+ can hit 6000+ feet and still deliver advertised speeds).

richrockstar

Wake Forest, NC
well its time to innovate or die, because the rumor mill says TWC are upgrading from 50/5, to 50/25 soon around here. DSL is dying, who am I kidding.

richrockstar

Wake Forest, NC
reply to iansltx
I guess since I'm in an ADSL2+ market, that I won't get this:
»CenturyLink Will Offer Bonded VDSL2 Up to 100 Mbps