Wayne99021
Premium Member
join:2004-12-28
Mead, WA

Wayne99021 to Chris 313

Premium Member

to Chris 313

Re: modems with 8 channel downstream bonding

We ended up ordering two 5341Js. Anxious now to see if there is any change on my setup.

Thanks Again.

w0g
o.O
join:2001-08-30
Springfield, OR

w0g

said by Wayne99021:

We ended up ordering two 5341Js. Anxious now to see if there is any change on my setup.

Thanks Again.

probably going to be identical in every way, possibily worse if everything was already working well (don't fix what ain't broken type thing, unless you want to screw it up..).

speed won't change any unless the four channels you use now are congested, giving you the ability to receive on more channels and greater chance they aren't all being utilized at the same time. traffic shaping and caps will be the same... expect nothing more than the possibility of a bigger pool of bandwidth to swim in. think a single car moving from a four lane freeway to an eight..

Chris 313
Because It's Geekier
Premium Member
join:2004-07-18
Houma, LA
·AT&T FTTP
·Comcast XFINITY

Chris 313 to Wayne99021

Premium Member

to Wayne99021
said by Wayne99021:

Thanks Again.

Awesome. And you're welcome. Be sure to come back and post screenshots of the before and after, along with your experience in getting hooked up.

For you, since you're just swapping out modems, right? I suggest you talk to Comcast Steve about getting provisioned. It might be easier then talking to someone on the phone.

Go here: »Comcast Direct post your account details, contact info etc. and explain your situation. He's magic when cutting right through all the tape.

whfsdude
Premium Member
join:2003-04-05
Washington, DC

whfsdude

Premium Member

said by Chris 313:

For you, since you're just swapping out modems, right? I suggest you talk to Comcast Steve about getting provisioned. It might be easier then talking to someone on the phone.

If you plug a laptop directly into the modem, you should hit a walled-garden that allows you to self-provision.

ihave5341J
@dtra.mil

1 edit

ihave5341J to Wayne99021

Anon

to Wayne99021
I have had the Zoom 5341J for over 3 months now and I love it. No heat issues and just to prevent early modem death I decided to insure my investment with purchasing a good quality surge protector with EM filtering isolated banks to clean up any RF ripple on both the AC and the Coaxial lines.