Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

wolfy339

join:2005-04-30
Edmonds, WA

1 edit

[WA] RIP Chris Wedes (JP Patches)

I just found out he died this morning. »www.komonews.com/news/local/JP-P···336.html and »www.kirotv.com/news/news/chris-w···s/nPz6R/. He will be missed, even by those who have never seen his show.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
kudos:4

Wow. That's a blast from the past -- thanks for posting those links.

J.P. -- you will be missed, RIP.

wolfy339

Edmonds, WA

2 edits

You are quite welcome. Here are two more JP Patches links: »www.komonews.com/news/local/Joes···106.html, »seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/l···23m.html

Skipdawg
The Original
Premium,ExMod 2001-03
join:2001-04-19
Mount Vernon, WA
reply to wolfy339

Many fond memories watching him on TV in the 70's. I actually got to meet him I think it was the Summer of 1995. RIP! JP....

NanDog
The Pup Was Female, I'M Not
Premium
join:2003-12-28
reply to wolfy339

Yup, I fondly remember J.P., Captain Puget and "Buzzy", Stan Boreson and "Slo-Mo" and "No-Mo" and our Tacoma local guy Brakeman Bill with his partner "Crazy Donkey"!

Ahhhh.....the halcyon days of our youth!
--
See ya across the Rainbow Bridge, my good and faithful friend!

tshirt
Premium,MVM
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA
Reviews:
·Comcast

How about wanda-wanda or wonda- wonda not sure just remember something B&W that was the "good witch" (try and sell that today) fairyland something for toddlers or kindergartens (yes, kids I'm so old I rememeber before they invented color (or it wasn't everywhere in TV land yet) and yes we had electricity, indoor plumbing, and bubblators (I'll find the clip .'manna yanna' today was a reallllllly long day
shower sleep alcohol, setting priorities is so hard
what would J.P do?

wolfy339

Edmonds, WA

said by tshirt:

what would J.P do?

He was our local clown, had the longest running locally produced TV show in history (he was on KIRO-TV 1958 - 1981).

tshirt
Premium,MVM
Snohomish, WA

Oh I know who J.P. was, saw him each morning at a neighbors house while waiting for the carpool to school.
I just was seeking his insight to stress reduction, But I guess thats what J.P. was to chris wede.
RIP

NanDog
The Pup Was Female, I'M Not
Premium
join:2003-12-28
reply to tshirt

said by tshirt:

How about wanda-wanda or wonda- wonda

I believe she was "Wunda-Wunda" and her real name was Ruth Prinz. I seem to recall she had an owl as a friend and that's about all I remember of her.
--
See ya across the Rainbow Bridge, my good and faithful friend!

tshirt
Premium,MVM
Snohomish, WA

I just remember hearing "Wunda WUnda, is her name..." and that's it.