spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

pkarlos_76

join:2004-08-24
Edmonton, AB

Slow Internet fixed by provisioning the modem again.

FYI, I was experiencing slow internet issues, so I called shaw after some of my own diagnosing, and they checked and my signal levels and gateway and node levels were fine and the node was not saturated, and 0.01 transmission errors. So I unplugged the modem and the tech reprovisioned it and then once he was done I plugged it back in and my speeds in both speediest.shaw.ca and www.speedtest.net were back to normal and great speeds. I only mention this as one solution among many possible.

kevinds
Premium
join:2003-05-01
Calgary, AB
kudos:3

It often surprises me when that works, and how reluctant many techs are at the other end to do it.
--
Yes, I am not employed and looking for IT work. Have passport, will travel.

tlhIngan

join:2002-07-08
Richmond, BC
kudos:1

Well, if they did it more freely, it's sort of admitting that their tech department are idiots and make mistakes.

Blame it on the customer and quietly reprovision the modem, and the customer is none the wiser, it's just "started working". It's very easy to do and deflects blame for the issue.

kevinds
Premium
join:2003-05-01
Calgary, AB
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Shaw

I don't think so,

Re-provisioning their hardware might be admitting their hardware sometimes needs a kick-in-the-pants, but no person would have caused the hardware to need re-provisioning,

Account changes, yes sometimes, idiots can cause those
--
Yes, I am not employed and looking for IT work. Have passport, will travel.