spc
Search similar:

uniqs

jblues
join:2001-04-28
Allen Park, MI

jblues

Your Speed is 50% Faster - Extreme 50

I just received an email from Comcast at 2 of my Comcast email accounts. (I have Extreme 50) It says:
-----------------------------------
Dear Valued Customer,

Great news! We've increased your Internet speed again!

Now the upload speed on your Extreme 50 Internet Service is over 50% faster!* Enjoy zipping around with your XFINITY® Internet service and uploading files like photos or home videos faster than ever!

It's just another way XFINITY® is continuing to invest in its advanced broadband network to deliver the best communications and entertainment experience available.

We have a wide range of Internet service tiers and pricing to meet all your Internet needs. To learn more, please visit us at xfinity.com or call 1-800-XFINITY.

Sincerely,

XFINITY

------------------------------------
Question 1: Ok, so how fast is it now? It says to reboot the modem, etc etc which I will do when I get home.

Question 2: Is everyone in Detroit area getting this? I did notice I finally got upstream bonding (2 channels) about a month ago...
flashback
join:2008-09-17
Chicago, IL

flashback

Got the same email here in Chicago,

Before

After

drmorley
MVM
join:2000-12-20
Three Lakes, WI

drmorley

MVM

I got the same email here in Park Ridge. Download is still in the 60MB range, but upload went from 10MB to 17MB.

SHoTTa35
@optonline.net

SHoTTa35

Anon

So jealous of you guys right now!

Guess the change is starting early, NICE!

manbeard
Premium Member
join:2010-03-01
Indianapolis, IN

manbeard to jblues

Premium Member

to jblues
Haven't gotten anything in Indianapolis, IN yet... really hoping to see it!
manbeard

manbeard

Premium Member

I stand corrected... it got caught in the spam filter. Now to check when I get home!
Moffetts
join:2005-05-09
San Mateo, CA

Moffetts to jblues

to jblues
This is the 50/10 to 50/15 upgrade, not the 50 to 100 or 105 upgrade. A lot of people have had 50/15 for months now.

Just thought I'd mention that so nobody pees themselves unnecessarily.

Mike Wolf
join:2009-05-24
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf

Just curious, so does this mean that for customers of Blast, when the speed increase from 30 to 50 takes place, their upload speed will be 50/15? or would it be 50/10?

mustang50
Premium Member
join:2005-05-06
Roseville, MI

2 edits

1 recommendation

mustang50 to jblues

Premium Member

to jblues
From what I read, this is just getting the Detroit area the same UPLOAD that others have had for a while on the extreme 50 and 100 tiers.
Blast users (me) won't see an increase as we're already getting 25/4.

Makes me wonder if we will ever get the promised speeds the northeast is getting??

I guess time will tell. If we don't get it, it's not fair. But comcast doesn't seem to care about fair, just as long as we keep paying them.
Jimlenz
join:2012-01-02
Clarkston, MI

Jimlenz to jblues

to jblues
I received the email also and unplugged the modem and did as instructed but how download speed is still between 10-11. Anything else I can do to get the increase?

Jim
iansltx
join:2007-02-19
Austin, TX

iansltx to jblues

to jblues
Didn't get an email or mailing on this but 15M up has been the standard for 50M down in the Denver area for months now. It's the only reason I'm on 50M instead of Blast

Chris 313
Because It's Geekier
Premium Member
join:2004-07-18
Houma, LA
·AT&T FTTP
·Comcast XFINITY

Chris 313

Premium Member

said by iansltx:

Didn't get an email or mailing on this but 15M up has been the standard for 50M down in the Denver area for months now. It's the only reason I'm on 50M instead of Blast

Cool. I'm jealous that when the upgrade hits you, your 50 will be 105/20 for the same money.
iansltx
join:2007-02-19
Austin, TX

iansltx

I'll be in TWC-land at that point, and the connection I'm leaving to roommates will get a downgrade all the way to Performance...so I won't be a beneficiary of those changes.

Never mind the fact that, since CenturyLink is currently outclassed in its best areas by Comcast at its current tier structure, it will probably be the end of the year before the speed doubled tiers hit Colorado. When you've got 105/20 and the best your competition can do...in a small slice of their territory...is 40/20, you're winning and don't need to keep upgrading.
mokuro07
join:2012-07-27
Indiana, PA

mokuro07 to jblues

to jblues
Not sure if I got upgraded, but here goes. Although I've never received an email indicating a free upgrade.

»stage.results.speedtest. ··· 7632.png

JigglyWiggly
join:2009-07-12
Pleasanton, CA

JigglyWiggly

i think there's a bit of confusion in this thread between the 50megabit going to 105 on download side
and the 50/10 going from 50/15
i've had the 50/15 for a few months now, which is what the tc i believe is talking about

i want dat free 105 upgrade

koitsu
MVM
join:2002-07-16
Mountain View, CA
Humax BGW320-500

koitsu

MVM

Yep, likewise. I haven't received any Email from Comcast about speed upgrades and I'm on the Extreme 50 tier.

Speedtest results from a moment ago show nothing out of the ordinary; just PowerBoost in place (which always has been): »stage.results.speedtest. ··· 8102.png

Sunny
Runs from Clowns

join:2001-08-19

Sunny to jblues

to jblues
We have a topic started about that here ---> »[Speed] Northeast speed changes coming..