My Goal Is To Deny Yours
MVM
join:2001-08-03
Grand Rapids, MI

Nightfall

MVM

EVE Online: Any BBR or beginner guilds?

First, a little background.

I played Eve Online for about 6 months. I got myself into a beginner corp and learned the basics. This was about 4 years ago. Now, I am thinking about coming back to the game, but I would rather play with people I know. Hopefully someone on this forum is playing and has a corporation that I can "relearn" the game with. I know I am going to be VERY rusty, but I am a pretty self sufficient player. I really enjoyed the PvP aspect of the game when I last played, but I was very limited because I was part of a mining corp and we didn't raid much at all.

I would like to start out small and just work my way up. Anyone still play?

Beef7
join:2012-05-16

Beef7

I'm on a F2P kick

i'd be interested in returning if someone could give updates on how much isk it is for 1 free month?

and how hard it is to get that isk amount

i would return if the game paid for itself

BigReds42
Premium Member
join:2004-07-14
Bellaire, OH

BigReds42

Premium Member

I play... but not a whole lot.

Join EVE University to relearn the game... (I am still kinda with them but needed to make some ISK so I dropped after the last month war they had).

One PLEX (30 days) is about 350 million ISK.

If you get into a corp that runs wormholes I can see you making that.... (not sure on time frame)

Time
Premium Member
join:2003-07-05
Irvine, CA

1 edit

Time to Nightfall

Premium Member

to Nightfall
I'm playing EVE currently, but in one of the larger Pirate corps that accepts new players (not sure if that floats your boat). It's a different perspective on games where you usually play as the "good guy" most of the time.

I want to say most of the members racketeer miners with super expensive ships, but I know there's also some infiltration, hits, and other shenanigans this corp does.

Beef7

Beef7 to Nightfall

to Nightfall
before you get back into EVE be sure to watch the following youtube vid:

"Hitler quits EVE online"

F-in hilarious

the game allows you to scam players
Beef7

Beef7 to BigReds42

to BigReds42
350mill is a lot , holy crap

i guess i won't be getting back into EVE

Blockgorilla
Sarcasm is my native tongue
join:2010-02-11
Wichita, KS

Blockgorilla to Nightfall

to Nightfall
just starting to play this game and i'm literally only a couple of hours into it. I'm so lost, lol. I'm just excited to try an uber pvp game though.

Beef7

2 edits

Beef7

this game is the king of theorycrafting, if that's your taste

i remember beating ships literally 50x more expensive than mine (epeen in EVE is low isk beating high isk)

warp disrupting them(so they can't fly away), then draining their capacitor(so they can't use their weapons)... and then firing on them with ballistic weapons (which require no power)

they would literally be sitting there dead in the water getting r@ped

and there were people 100x more skilled in pvp than me

pvp in the game is unmerciful, and it means something
Beef7

Beef7 to Blockgorilla

to Blockgorilla
youtube vids on EVE ship scale size, or whatever

some pretty awesome awesome vids that show you to scale how large the ships in the game are... pretty awesome

if eve was $5/month i would play it permanently

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
MVM
Grand Rapids, MI

Nightfall to Time

MVM

to Time
said by Time:

I'm playing EVE currently, but in one of the larger Pirate corps that accepts new players (not sure if that floats your boat). It's a different perspective on games where you usually play as the "good guy" most of the time.

I want to say most of the members racketeer miners with super expensive ships, but I know there's also some infiltration, hits, and other shenanigans this corp does.

This sounds good to me, but I can tell you that I am going to be a new player. Yes, I played the game 4 years ago and I can be a prick when I need to, but at the same time I am going to need to learn the game all over again. So much has changed in 4 years. Can you PM me your ingame name? I am a couple weeks out from returning, but I would love to get an opportunity to meet the group and see if there is a fit.
smoky_129
LBAD
Premium Member
join:2002-09-04

smoky_129 to Nightfall

Premium Member

to Nightfall
If you can find a Wormhole corp that's part of a decent sized alliance you can make 1bill in a week easy between running incursions, mining and doing the many different sites plus planetary interaction you can rake in more then enough isk to pay for your game time. If that corp/alliance has a static c1-c4 class wormhole then isk is pretty easy to come by. The risk is pretty high so the main rule in eve is don't fly what you cant afford to loose.

Most large worm hole corps and alliances have a large pvp wing and can protect the system but having scanning skills and constantly clicking on the directional scanner is a way of life in a worm hole. The risk is very worth the reward though you can make 100mil easy on certain sites. Some of the 5/10 to 10/10 sites can drop loot worth a few billion isk easy and if you can start a trading alt then you can make decent isk that way also.

When I played the biggest isk maker for me was the corp and the alliance if you find a good one you will never want for any thing. A good one will replace any ship on pvp ops or wars and even insure your ship. They will loan or even give you a ship hell the alliance I was in even payed 3bil isk in skill books so I could be the first person to fly a titan in the alliance. The right corp/alliance will make all the difference in your time in eve.

BigReds42
Premium Member
Bellaire, OH

BigReds42

Premium Member

What he said....

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
MVM
Grand Rapids, MI

Nightfall

MVM

said by BigReds42:

What he said....

This being said....

This is why I am looking for the right corp. I don't want to jump in without that corp. Finding the right corp, when you are coming back to the game after 4 years, is tough. Most "right corps" are looking for experience. I don't have it, yet.
Nightfall

Nightfall

MVM

I am very close to paying for a year of gametime. I am into my account and looking around for deals for returning players. Haven't found one yet though.

BigReds42
Premium Member
Bellaire, OH

BigReds42

Premium Member

Again ... join EVE University... they get ya through the basics and even run Wormhole OPs and many of it's "graduates" started their own wormhole based corps.
smoky_129
LBAD
Premium Member

smoky_129 to Nightfall

Premium Member

to Nightfall
You can buy 3 or 4 30 day time card convert them to plex sale them on the in game market for 300-350mil isk and and then turn around with that isk and buy a character with 8-10mil sp. It can take up to a month just to learn 1mil sp, That's what some +2 implants even longer with out them so if you do the math 3 30 day time cards cost $45 to train a character to 9mil sp at $14.99 a month per 1mil sp could cost you almost $140.

Some consider it cheating but CCP has no problem with it they even have a special forum just for this and a lot of people do it. It's worth knowing if you don't want to wait a year before you can really fly some of the best ships and so it wont hold you back in some corps. Now days most of the really good corps want at least 10mil sp to join.

Like Nightfall said join EVE-U they will teach the ropes of every aspect in game even piracy if you want to learn. To me piracy pretty much died in low sec (0.4 - 0.1) when warp to 0 was implemented. Nothing like sitting in a Armageddon with t2 lasers molesting ships with battleship BP's (blueprints) or a t2 ship BP worth about 900-2bil isk and getting the lovely hate mail lol. Just remember every thing in eve is pvp from giant 2000 vs 2000 ship alliance wars to even the market every one competes with every one in some form.

f0rtys3ven
join:2011-09-01
Lansing, MI

f0rtys3ven

So i just did a bit of reading on this. Seems really really cool. Like a homeworld MMO.

Would it be really really hard to step into this game as a complete noob?

And this doesn't seem as much of a time sink in game because of the running clock when off line is that true?

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
MVM
Grand Rapids, MI

Nightfall

MVM

said by f0rtys3ven:

So i just did a bit of reading on this. Seems really really cool. Like a homeworld MMO.

Would it be really really hard to step into this game as a complete noob?

This is what is holding me back. I played this game before, and really didn't get too deep into it. I still learned a lot in this game in my short time playing. Still, knowing that there is a lot to learn, do I really want to embark playing another MMO? I consider myself a complete noob again. That and am I too old for this crap?

At the same token, I love space scifi games. This game keeps drawing me back with interest.

Angelicfury
join:2001-10-28
Buffalo, NY

Angelicfury

I would suggest Eve University (i'm in also) to re familiarize yourself with the game. The learning curve is insane as shown here: »www.flickr.com/photos/23 ··· 5016192/ In my opinion since the game is a sandbox anything and everything is allowed. The problem comes in if you don't have a specific idea on what you want to do.

If you are looking for a wormhole corp I would suggest looking at the Work Fair section on the Eve University forums. There are many corps that stop by to recruit members. If you are planning to spend a bit of time in the game I would suggest making a separate account so everything is not done on one account (kinda impossible). At this time I have three accounts. My main (in the Uni), a miner and a hauler. Trying to learn from the Uni while mining and manufacture was too much for one char.

Also check out these videos on youtube »www.youtube.com/user/Sea ··· nohueEVE to get a better idea of whats going on and what to do.

Just my .02 and I hope this helps.

cyrus360
Getting Freaky With It
Premium Member
join:2003-02-16
Sedro Woolley, WA

cyrus360 to Nightfall

Premium Member

to Nightfall
This was one of my favorite Eve vids.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· _-KCDk5Y

Love this kind of stuff!
jofos
join:2008-02-14
Irvington, AL

jofos to Nightfall

to Nightfall
Ok so I'm thinking of playing, actually downloading now. I played for about a year had two accounts one more mining and such and the other was more my character for killing stuff. I'm gonna do a 14 day free trial before I even think about doing anything with the old accounts but here's my questions: With so much ahving changed in four years are those accounts worth starting up again? Not sure if the ships I had even still exist. Has the character advancement changed in any way that would or would not make the old accounts worth using with a year or so training on them? Would likely go with only one account.

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
MVM
Grand Rapids, MI

Nightfall

MVM

said by jofos:

Ok so I'm thinking of playing, actually downloading now. I played for about a year had two accounts one more mining and such and the other was more my character for killing stuff. I'm gonna do a 14 day free trial before I even think about doing anything with the old accounts but here's my questions: With so much ahving changed in four years are those accounts worth starting up again? Not sure if the ships I had even still exist. Has the character advancement changed in any way that would or would not make the old accounts worth using with a year or so training on them? Would likely go with only one account.

I am in the same boat.

I graduate with my masters degree in a little over 2 weeks. Going to buy into EvE at that time and see how the game has changed or how it is. I am still on the fence.

I think a free 14 day trial may be the best option I have to see all the changes before I just jump in.

Angelicfury
join:2001-10-28
Buffalo, NY

Angelicfury

One of the biggest changes you'll notice is no more learning skills. A new patch is being released in two days. Mining barges are getting buffed.
smoky_129
LBAD
Premium Member

smoky_129

Premium Member

The learning skills have been gone for a while I haven't played in maybe 6 months and they were gone then. I got like 2mil sp to spend on other skills since the refunded every one the sp from the learning skills