Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed
W411
Premium
join:2009-10-07
Windsor, ON
kudos:1

How long are you waiting on hold for Acanac phone support?

It seems a lot of information gets lost in other threads so I thought I would start a straight forward thread. Let other potential Acanac customers know in advance what they are getting into. Currently wait times are almost comical, a communications company that you can't get in touch with by phone unless you have time to spare on hold. Quite often the option to hold is not even available due to excessive estimated wait times. If your wait times are reasonable, post those in here too, good or bad maybe Acanac can turn things around, who knows.
W411
Premium
Windsor, ON

Re: How long are you waiting on hold for Acanac phone support?

2:15 pm - "due to very large volumes of calls, our queues estimate that wait times will be longer than one hour, please call back at a later time, call will now terminate"
Lynn0
Premium
join:2011-08-11
Trenton, ON
kudos:7

2 edits

Please read this thread by the forum mod. Keep same topic threads by yourself to one thread please.

»Suggestions for use of this forum

For the other users readings this please see post by my boss who owns part of the company on this thread as to why we are having long hold times.
»Are there low volume times for Acanac DSL support?
W411
Premium
Windsor, ON

You misunderstand the post by the mod, that is to keep me from bouncing all over other peoples threads. This is a thread on one new topic by me, how long are you waiting on hold for Acanac support. I thought that was rather clearly explained in the first post in this thread.
Lynn0
Premium
Trenton, ON

You have already stated your opinion on hold times in this thread »Are there low volume times for Acanac DSL support?

My boss has just posted to you on the other thread. All we are asking is to keep the same topic in the same thread. There is no need for multiple threads on the same topic.
W411
Premium
Windsor, ON

It's one aspect that was mentioned in that thread and by that logic, every thread here should be under one thread called "customer support"

Also the other thread is a request for interaction by Acanac, this one is a request for reader interaction only as I don't imagine Acanac employees would have reason to call support.
Lynn0
Premium
Trenton, ON

You seem insistent on arguing and I am not going to do that with you or anyone here. One subject one post per user.
W411
Premium
Windsor, ON

You seem insistent on making this you against me.

I didn't address you or anyone in the initial post, you posted on your own, which is fine and I responded to each post. That is a conversation not an arguement.

I feel my post falls perfectly in the guidelines by the mod, please feel free to flag it if you feel otherwise.

I can understand however why you wouldn't want this to be a clearly visible thread, but it's about accountability. If you don't want people saying hold times are outrageous . . . easy, fix it.
Lynn0
Premium
Trenton, ON

said by W411:

You seem insistent on making this you against me.

-- not at all

I didn't address you or anyone in the initial post, you posted on your own, which is fine and I responded to each post.

-I work in this forum and it is my job to answer these posts.

I can understand however why you wouldn't want this to be a clearly visible thread, but it's about accountability. If you don't want people saying hold times are outrageous . . . easy, fix it.

-- as we have told you(both owner and I) we are trying and not sure what to say we make that any clearer. I know you said people do not want to hear that we are trying. Is that not better than no response at all and no explanation? We are not magicians and this will not happen overnight.
W411
Premium
Windsor, ON

Don't get me wrong, people do like to hear an explanation for an unexpected problem that pops up, but this doesn't fall in that category.

"We are not magicians and this will not happen overnight."

My call logs show this has been happening quite regularly just on the times I have been trying to call since August of 2011 . . . that's 7 months, that's over 200 "overnights".
Lynn0
Premium
Trenton, ON

4 edits

said by W411:

My call logs show this has been happening quite regularly just on the times I have been trying to call since August of 2011 . . . that's 7 months, that's over 200 "overnights".

You have been trying to call us every night since August 2011? What is the problem that it has not been solved for 7 months and you are still waiting for a resolution? I am still asking for your pm with your user name and email on your account so I can have a look to see what the problems are, or is there some reason you are refusing to give it to me?

I checked your user name and if you have been having problems since August 2011. Yu have never posted on dsl reports about them before and you joined the dsl board on 2009-10-07. You have replied 34 times about wait times and 7 times about feedback.
W411
Premium
Windsor, ON

I actually didn't say I had called every night, I was stating that over 200 nights have passed since I first encountered the problem of not being able to get through to telephone support to point out that more than enough time has passed to rectify the issue.

You seem to be focusing on the wrong parts of these messages and for some reason you have now migrated the discussion from the previous thread into this one. You have already stated, and re-stated and re-stated again that Acanac is trying to deal with the problem. I understand that is your position and based on that, I don't see what else you could contribute to this thread.

Now let other readers post their wait times in here and we will see what kind of results your attempts will yield.

As for the reason I didn't PM a user name to you, all I needed was a mailing address, that isn't user account specific in any way

Also, yes you are correct, I have never posted about any of the Acanac issues I have encountered before, and I did join the board on 2009-10-07.

Pillow

@blackberry.net

I'll put in my comment that i have been waiting on the line for 1 hour and 41 minutes (and still holding) for tech support (i'm "caller # 4 and current hold time is 81 minutes"). This morning i had no internet and tried calling tech support only to be told the wait would be long and therefore they will terminate call. Closer to lunch time I called and got the same response so I tried "Sales". Got CSR and he gave me email for support@acanac.com. Sent email and no response yet.
Lynn0
Premium
Trenton, ON

If you sent an email to support it takes 24-48 business hours for a response and all tickets are answered in order they come in.
meporter69

join:2010-02-12
Paris, ON

How many tickets can you possibly have that support is 24-48 hours behind? If you are a VOIP customer and a DSL customer, you cannot even call tech support and sit on hold over an hour, the VOIP service from Acanac only allows for 1 hour calls. Personally I have rarely been able to talk with a representative unless I called at 9 am. I have had patience with Acanac. All of my friends who have had Acanac services have moved to another provider, some even went back to B E L L. I know it is a bad 4 letter word, but their response was "It was not worth losing business, when the phones were down!"
Running any company can be tough, but having cheap, unqualified tech support is the fastest way to lose a customer... I have been in the computer industry for over 22 years and I have seen many companies come and go. I feel bad for those people who work for Acanac and try their hardest, for those who do not are killing the company.
Lynn0
Premium
Trenton, ON

said by meporter69:

How many tickets can you possibly have that support is 24-48 hours behind? If you are a VOIP customer and a DSL customer, you cannot even call tech support and sit on hold over an hour, the VOIP service from Acanac only allows for 1 hour calls. Personally I have rarely been able to talk with a representative unless I called at 9 am. I have had patience with Acanac. All of my friends who have had Acanac services have moved to another provider, some even went back to B E L L. I know it is a bad 4 letter word, but their response was "It was not worth losing business, when the phones were down!"
Running any company can be tough, but having cheap, unqualified tech support is the fastest way to lose a customer... I have been in the computer industry for over 22 years and I have seen many companies come and go. I feel bad for those people who work for Acanac and try their hardest, for those who do not are killing the company.

I understand it gets frustrating. The reason it takes that long is the same agents that are on the phones taking calls also answer these support tickets so it might take them a few hours etc. to get to them if the phones are busy. Thank you though for noticing that some of us are trying hard to help. I do appreciate that.