spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Sasay

@wayport.net

[IE] Expanding the Google search toolbar window IE

For whatever reason, IE thinks it's cool, as a default setting, to a) make the Google search window only big enough for 3-4 characters to appear, and then lock you out of changing it. Here's how to fix it:

From your menu items, Click on "View" and then "toolbars". Look to the bottom of the list, if "Lock the Toolbars" is checked, uncheck it. Now, click and drag the Google search box as far to the left as you wish. Next, look for a vertical line between "Search" and "More"...it should be just to the right of the search box. When you mouse over that spot, your cursor should turn into a double arrowed horizontal line. When it does, left click and drage it to the right. You'll be able to expand the box a good bit; mines is about 5 inches wide. Once done, I suggest you go back and "Lock the Toolbars" again ... this will keep you from getting screwed up in the future.

Cudni
La Merma - Vigilado
Premium,MVM
join:2003-12-20
Someshire
kudos:13
and even cooler to allow for such easy adjustment

Cudni

BlueJay

join:2007-11-06
reply to Sasay
Thank you Sasay, this was driving me crazy.. Now to go about rearranging the placement of the "toolbars" to my more familiar IE8... If I mess up, at least I'll have one clue to correction..
ciao, bj