uniqs
share rss forum feed

nycdave
Premium,MVM
join:1999-11-16
Melville, NY
kudos:17
reply to webcobbler

Re: [IMG] FiOS TV app on Samsung bluray...

Doubt it - the app has only been certified with newer 2011 and 2012 models....

webcobbler

@verizon.net
That is good to know. I know that I would have never found that out. I def would have thought Only 2012 models of Samsung BluRay Players and TVs were eligible. MAybe my sister can get the TV App then. She has a 2011 TV.

Thanks nycdave

DGGSLF

join:2007-04-14
Lynn, MA
reply to nycdave
NYCDave, I think this URL indicates that it should work on my 2011 model TV but the app does not show up for me:

»www22.verizon.com/Support/Reside···ices.htm

I posted a similar question on the Samsung support website, which seems to contradict Verizon's info, i.e. Samsung says only 2012 models are supported. My model is a PN51D6500.

Is my set certified?

LaurenBabis

join:2012-10-09
Have you retried to find the application in the last couple weeks? If not, what model of TV/BR do you have?

DGGSLF

Lynn, MA
I have tried it at least twice a week. It still doesn't show the FiOS TV app.

I have a Samsung 51 inch TV, Model# PN51D6500DF.

TimCo

join:2005-01-14
Ronkonkoma, NY
I have a UN55D6300 and did not have a FIOS app until I updated the TV firmware.

DGGSLF

Lynn, MA
My TV has the latest version of the firmware which BTW, also matches the firmware number on a newer 2012 model TV that does have the FiOS app working.

I actually went to my sister's house and checked her's on Sunday. She also has FiOS and has had the new app installed for more than a month now.

The current version of the firmware on both my TV and her's is 001016. Her app store does look a bit different cosmetically but most, if not all of the available apps in her store, match mine.