uniqs
share rss forum feed

saboken

join:2003-10-12
Johnstown, PA
Reviews:
·Atlantic Broadband

Ok the games begin

I just spoke with the SVP David Dane of ABB and he refused to honor the FCC law basically by ignoring the last few lines of the law! He said he was monitoring my post's here because he receives Google alerts to any activity about ABB and said I hate the company! And this is false! I just stand up for my rights and as an American have the right to something called freedom of speech!!! If someone does not like what is said they have the right not to read it!
I made no threats of violence against anyone just told the truth and I know the truth can hurt! Also how he obtained the post? Is questionable in my opinion! If he really does participate in this forum great but if he has unlawfully monitored my internet activity that’s another page yet to written!
Now it's down to the FCC involvement, let’s see how this makes sense I still have the HD receiver and a HD DVR that I will not return until the discounts the FCC have made a law are applied since I was still paying for them, Mr. Dane agreed with me that I was still paying for them and had a right to keep them, now if I return something I am paying for then someone else gets to pay to use them but I am not entitled to the discount?
So the moral of this story is ABB would rather wait until the outcome of what the FCC tells them to do and possible fines and media coverage that will help me become the threat I am to ABB as I was told by Mr. Dane because I planned on selling HTPC’s to his customers! If I am wrong then so be it but I know I am not and this resistance will only give me free advertising and help me sell my products to a larger customer base due to the attention they will be drawing to themselves, I even offered to agree to deal with the missing channels until they had time to evolve there system to provide all digital channel’s. So I know you are reading this Mr. Dane good luck I thought I offered you the easy path, and I did not appreciate the comment about us always choosing your promotional packages that are available to anyone in your territory with a tone that we are less than desirable because of our choice to only take certain plans you offer! This is just how I interpreted your statement,

saboken

Johnstown, PA
Reviews:
·Atlantic Broadband

One more forgotten note! He asked why we did not call prior to going the Cable Card route. Since when do I need permission to check with them about something that I am legally entitled to do?
I did let him know I took a year to research the product I chose and also looked into the laws around the use of the device!
My Opinion of the company as a whole is mutual based on what I have read here and on other forums, Today he also said they have not gone all digital because of not wanting to deal with a few customer's that still wanted to use the older TVs without another box to change their channels as to say they were more interested in keeping their customers happy than opening up the pipe to more content by going all digital, so they are spending money on equipment to convert some channel they receive in Digital and re transmitting it in analog only? So when the FCC made all high power broadcast stations turn off there analog transmitters and go pure digital this tells me everything a Cable Co receives is in digital only!
There was also a law passed a while ago that all TV’s had to have Digital tuners built in how long are these outdated no longer sold Tube sets going to last? I just gave away a Tube TV that had a Digital tuner so there are very few customers out there with outdated sets that would need a box of some sort.
But I am done here for now I will post again when I see the outcome of this issue.

saboken

Johnstown, PA

The wife say's she pays her bills she doesn't need a escrow!

saboken

Johnstown, PA
Reviews:
·Atlantic Broadband

Instead of being seen as a financial threat to ABB by marketing Cable Card devices to possible customers in ABB's area, I see some Sat TV customers becoming ABB customers because the Tuners I have to offer provide features that ABB does not offer and Sat TV does, such as whole home DVR, that they can only get from the Sat TV company’s! Yes some existing ABB customers would be interested in their own Cable Card tuners but there are a lot of Sat TV customers that are not ABB customers because they do not offer these features! From a business standpoint seeing me as a threat is unrealistic if I bring customers from Sat TV to ABB, I will make a onetime profit but ABB will have a monthly profit if they keep them happy and comply with the laws! More customers = more profit bottom line..