spc
Search similar:

uniqs

eddiec
join:2012-07-22

eddiec

Bind existing account to Twitter, Google, etc account

Hello,
I discovered the ability to login by Twitter, GMail, Yahoo, OpenId, etc. account to DSL Reports only after my account creation. I'd like to login into my account using these external account: is there a possibility to bind my existing account to, for example, a Twitter account?

Thank you
Eddie

state
stress magnet
Mod
join:2002-02-08
Purgatory

state

Mod

said by eddiec:

I discovered the ability to login by Twitter, GMail, Yahoo, OpenId, etc.

said by eddiec:

I'd like to login into my account using these external account

I think you answered your own question? Or by "binding" do you mean something else?

eddiec

eddiec

Hello State,
no I mean that I'd like to bind it but I don't know if is it possibile and, if possibile, how do it .

state
stress magnet
Mod
join:2002-02-08
Purgatory

state

Mod

By virtue of logging in with it, it's more or less "bound". I'm guessing, perhaps on other sites, there's some additional value or features available if an account is bound but logging in is pretty much all you can do with the external accounts here.

That seems rather muddy, but does it make sense?

eddiec

eddiec

Hello State,
I'm scared I din't describe well my problem. Now I'm logged into DSLreports by username and password (standard login) and not by external account Twitter.
My question was: logging with Twitter will produce a secondary account so I'll have two account? (the username/password based and the Twitter auth based?).

I tried by myself and found that, after Twitter login, there is button to say "I have a DSL Reports login" finding what I was looking for.

Anyway now I had a new problem . Because I tryied to bind my Twitter account with ordinary DSL Report account but, after required username / password, I receive this page:

-------------------------------------------
The page you requested is unavailable due a temporary page construction error.
You may press BACK, and try again.

If the condition continues..

site help forum
home page (if all pages give the error)
-------------------------------------------

Thank you!
Eddie