All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
tronester3
join:2008-08-10
Tulsa, OK

tronester3

[OK] OK region discounts when threatening to transfer to uverse?

My brother informed me that he was able to get his Cox bill down to 106 dollars (premiere internet, phone, and hd w dvr) by calling them about a month ago. He threatened to disconnect his service and switch to Uverse and that's all it took.

I tried calling today, and threatened the same thing, yet they only brought me down to 133 dollars. Now, in the process I told them I needed premiere speeds as I was already on the preferred plan.

The Cox rep was very sneaky, in that at first she claimed that she could only bring my bill down to 146. Then I told her to disconnect my service, and she said immediately? Then I said no, I need 2 weeks to convert over to Uverse. The backpedaling began, and she said, well, 133 is the best they could do. So I said fine, and shortly after that, we somehow got disconnected (perhaps her hanging up on me to get me off the line?).

I am thinking about calling again tomorrow and telling them, again, that I am going to switch. Though, 133 seems like a decent price for phone, internet and hd dvr service. Plus she didnt mention anything about the offer expiring after 6 months.

Suggestions?
ependergrass
join:2007-07-21
Edmond, OK

ependergrass

Re: [OK] OK region discounts when threatening to transfer to uve

I think it's bullshit that any of our bill is remotely negotiable for threatening to leave. For the rest of us that have no other viable broadband option all we have is empty threats and paying more.

yay?
bryant313
join:2011-05-24
Las Vegas, NV

bryant313

yep it is bs i have talked to a few reps that have told me that the bill department can cut you alot of slack such as reinstate promotions even after you have already had one and make your bill smaller

but he told me they could but the will not most of the time and they have full control over whether or not you can get a promotion renewed and your bill lowered without changing any of your services

Majestik
World Traveler
Premium Member
join:2001-05-11
Tulsa, OK

Majestik to tronester3

Premium Member

to tronester3
I don't play those games. Only pay cox around $26/mo.