spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

AnonMan

@sct.com
reply to Streetlight

Re: [Signals] New install, signals not ideal?

Have not seen any internet drops but on this new modem no way to monitor that as no events spot?

Also, on the other modem (UBEE) it did show a high error count rate for 24 hour periods, like in the 5000-6000 range for uncorrectable and correctable per channel per day. (and when I say uncorrectable and correctable I mean seperate so 10000-12000 combined.

This modem I don't see this information any place and dont know if another login exist to let me see more.

Doesn't uncorrectble mean data/packet loss thus a retransmit was required? Wouldn't that impact ones connection somewhat?

AnonMan

@comcast.net
reply to AnonMan

Well having drops indeed, seems I didn't know before because of the time of day they happen.

Between 12AM & 9 AM everyday it seems to drop at least once.
Also during those times my DS is at 14.2.

Just called comcast again today and he said my signals are within spec though all in the yellow.

As it is daytime right now he read 13.1DS and 49US but said my US quality is 28 and red is 29. He said all my numbers are basically in the yellow but not red though they are all only one jump away from red during the hours of my drops.

From tap to modem is all new with one two way splitter in between.

Monday a guy comes, though during the day the signal goes down to 10-11 so by the time they get here will look even better. Hopefully something can be done at tap though.

I know a tap is not adjusted for a single customer but my house is furthest from the tap and I still have one splitter on the line so I should have worse signal than any customer on the line due to distance and having a splitter. I can imagine if the people right next to it must have for signal if my DS is so high so far lol. Unless they have a mess of splitters or something and lower signal thus comcast cranked it at ped to make up instead of making customer clean up.

My US speed seems to struggle between 3 and 4 sometimes too though other times 5 is no problem. Maybe has to do with the quality being at the limit.

Anyway just wanted to update that indeed every number being in the yellow is causing problems for me just didnt catch before due to times of problem which is also when is coolest.

AnonMan

@comcast.net

Complain to exec services high enough and you get action! Sad that as a new Comcast customer took 2 weeks of complaining and finally a jump the chain email to get someone to look.

Exec services called me today after a nasty email I sent yesterday, 2 hours later 2 maint men show up.

The found the amp on my ped set to manual mode and not ACL (Automatic) which means when temp swings the amp couldn't adjust itself to make up for that. (They said someone prob forgot to put in auto mode from a previous visit but also only maint people can adjust those).

They wanted to replace entire amp but turns out the one they had on track was DOA, hah but just putting in auto looks better.

Anyway they put in auto mode and boom US got better, US SNR went from 29 to 32 and US tx power went from 47-50 range to 45.

DS power is a tad high still but 10-11 beats the heck out of 13-14.5 it would hang in and if it hangs between 10 & 11 I am sure I will be fine on that. (this is going through a single splitter too).

Guss tonight will be real test when it cools down.

Model: Cisco DPC3008
Vendor: Cisco
Hardware Revision: 1.0
Bootloader Revision: 2.3.1_R3
Current Software Revision: d3000-v302r125532-120517a-L2VPN-CMCST
Firmware Name: d3000-v302r125532-120517a-L2VPN-CMCST.bin
Firmware Build Time: May 17 11:31:04 2012
Cable Modem Status: Operational
Wireless Network:

Cable Modem State

DOCSIS Downstream Scanning: Completed
DOCSIS Ranging: Completed
DOCSIS DHCP: Completed
DOCSIS TFTP: Completed
DOCSIS Data Reg Complete: Completed
DOCSIS Privacy: Enabled

Downstream Channels

Power Level: Signal to Noise Ratio:
Channel 1: 11.3 dBmV 40.9 dB
Channel 2: 10.8 dBmV 41.0 dB
Channel 3: 11.6 dBmV 41.1 dB
Channel 4: 11.8 dBmV 40.9 dB
Channel 5: 11.5 dBmV 40.9 dB
Channel 6: 11.1 dBmV 40.9 dB
Channel 7: 10.5 dBmV 40.4 dB
Channel 8: 9.6 dBmV 40.1 dB

Upstream Channels

Power Level:
Channel 1: 45.0 dBmV
Channel 2: 44.8 dBmV
Channel 3: 0.0 dBmV
Channel 4: 0.0 dBmV

Everything on my account went from yellow to green but DS rx power but it's close. So long as the auto works on this thing when temp changes we should be good.

Note, this would only help people who are tied into an amped node which most are not so don't think this may be your same problem if you happen to have similar and stumble pass this post