Search similar:

uniqs
xQuestx
join:2001-05-15
Bar Harbor, ME

xQuestx

Just got cable internet having disconnects upload 30/5

Click for full size
Been a long time dsl user just got time warner cable 30/5 package today arris modem, I seem to disconnect uploading files only for a couple seconds though comes back on quick. here a picture of my SNR any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

kilrathi
Premium Member
join:2005-04-22
Rockaway Park, NY

kilrathi

Premium Member

check some threads on this forum I think this issue was discussed and I think there mabe some config that can be pushed from plant side to your modem that fixes the issue but I dont remember, just search this forum

djrobx
Premium Member
join:2000-05-31
Reno, NV

djrobx to xQuestx

Premium Member

to xQuestx
»[TWC] Random Sync Loss, Heavy Upload Sync Loss
xQuestx
join:2001-05-15
Bar Harbor, ME

xQuestx

Thanks, does my signals look good?

kilrathi
Premium Member
join:2005-04-22
Rockaway Park, NY

kilrathi to xQuestx

Premium Member

to xQuestx
signals look pretty much where you want them to be down the middle, you can inquire about your upstream snr calling tier 3 techs if you want to be sure.
09129800 (banned)
join:2012-06-27
New York, NY

09129800 (banned) to xQuestx

to xQuestx
You're not the only one. My connection drops and modem reboots every time I upload a large file. Been happening for over a week now. Be prepared so spend weeks fighting with Time Warner to fix it.

Tomorrow I shall be bitching at Time Warner over the phone for the THIRD TIME about this.

djrobx
Premium Member
join:2000-05-31
Reno, NV

djrobx to xQuestx

Premium Member

to xQuestx
Signal levels look about as good as they can get. Downstream SNR is fine. You can't see the upstream SNR, which you'd have to talk to a tier 3 tech about.

Your problem is likely due to failing DCC (dynamic channel change) requests. When you start doing heavy uploads, the CMTS may try to load balance you to a different channel. This should happen seamlessly, but something goes wrong and you fall offline.

The post by AnonFTW in the thread I linked above suggests that it's a problem in the CMTS (on TWC's end).