how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

war9200

join:2002-03-30
Ashburn, VA

[X1] Any eta for the X1 in Northern VA?

I visited the local Comcast office they had no idea what I was talking about.

I called support/business/cable guys and they said it would be available in late June or July.

Has anyone gotten a new box? It appears they have two HDMI ports on the box.

Does anyone have the model number (Make/model) of the X1?

telcodad
Premium
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ
kudos:15
From an early schedule I received back in mid-April (»[DVR] Spectrum Quad Tuner DVR revealed ), it showed the X1 service rolling out to the "Beltway and Freedom Region areas" in September. I haven't received any updates on this since.

According to the pictures of the box provided in the »[X1] Xfinity TV on X1 Platform and X1 Remote Control App! thread, the rear panel is shown having 2 HDMI inputs and an HDMI output.

The box is made by Pace and is labeled as the "X1."

gar187er
I do this for a living

join:2006-06-24
Dover, DE
kudos:4
reply to war9200
rumors around the beltway are that the areas without anyroom dvr are skipping right to x1. Some areas outside of Baltimore actually started getting new test boxes/remotes for this platform. its coming soon.
--
I'm better than you!

gate1975mlm
Premium
join:2001-09-30
Philadelphia, PA
kudos:8
reply to war9200
What about Philly?

Russ6

join:2011-03-17
Houston, TX
kudos:1
If you live in an area that is on telecodad's list you "should" get X1 this year, otherwise it will likely be 2013 or later. Also, it depends on the type of market (Cisco/SA or Motorola). Some of the Cisco/SA markets will get On-Screen Guide 2.0 before getting the X1 Guide (aka On-Screen Guide 3.0). Motorola markets will skip On-Screen Guide 2.0 and go directly to the X1 Guide.

Click the following post link and see the posts that follow it for more information:

»Re: New Guides for SA/Cisco Areas (Info from Ted Hodgins Blog)
--
SA 8300 HD DVRs with Patched S25 Guide
Links:
'S25 Guide Blog' 'Schedule' 'Info' 'Patch Thread'

JeepMatt
C'mon the U
Premium
join:2001-12-28
Wilmington, DE
kudos:3
reply to gate1975mlm
Philly was rumored as September previously.

Hopefully it's on track. Honestly, the I-guide is the ONLY negative since leaving Verizon FIOS TV.
--
"ONE team - ONE city - ONE dream!!"

mikedz4

join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV
don't feel bad the greater pittsburgh region won't get it this year unless someone can tell me otherwise.

telcodad
Premium
Lincroft, NJ

1 edit
reply to JeepMatt
said by JeepMatt:

Hopefully it's on track.

In a comment to his article on the Light Reading Cable site today about Comcast's report of its 2nd Quarter results (»www.lightreading.com/document.as ··· lr_cable), Jeff Baumgartner says that (Comcast chairman and CEO) Brian Roberts reported on this morning's earnings conference call that: Atlanta is getting X1 next, with five "major markets" in line for it next year.

On that X1 schedule that I had obtained in mid-April, it said "Atlanta and Chattanooga on July 31," so maybe the X1 roll-out is not too far off track yet.

telcodad
Premium
Lincroft, NJ
OK, well according to this article on the Light Reading Cable site today, the X1 service will be launched in the Atlanta market this week, so it does look like the roll-out is currently still on track:

Comcast's Cloud TV Service Rolls Into Atlanta
By Jeff Baumgartner, Light Reading Cable - August 1, 2012
»www.lightreading.com/document.as ··· lr_cable

Russ6

Houston, TX
reply to telcodad
said by telcodad:

said by JeepMatt:

Hopefully it's on track.

In a comment to his article on the Light Reading Cable site today about Comcast's report of its 2nd Quarter results (»www.lightreading.com/document.as ··· lr_cable), Jeff Baumgartner says that (Comcast chairman and CEO) Brian Roberts reported on this morning's earnings conference call that: Atlanta is getting X1 next, with five "major markets" in line for it next year.

On that X1 schedule that I had obtained in mid-April, it said "Atlanta and Chattanooga on July 31," so maybe the X1 roll-out is not too far off track yet.

According to the following excerpt, X1 will expand to 5 major markets by the end of the year instead of next year.

quote:
Comcast launches X1 in Atlanta; reports 65% increase in Q2 cable self-installs

FierceCable
by Steve Donohue
August 1, 2012

Comcast (Nasdaq: CMCSA) launched its X1 next generation digital video platform in Atlanta this week, and will expand the rollout to "hundreds of thousands of subscribers" in five major markets by the end of the year, CEO Brian Roberts said Wednesday on the company's second-quarter earnings call.
. . .

»links.mkt1985.com/ctt?kn=179&ms= ··· t=1&rt=0
--
SA 8300 HD DVRs with Patched S25 Guide
Links:
'S25 Guide Blog' 'Schedule' 'Info' 'Patch Thread'

telcodad
Premium
Lincroft, NJ
said by Russ6:

said by telcodad:

According to the following excerpt, X1 will expand to 5 major markets by the end of the year instead of next year.

quote:
Comcast launches X1 in Atlanta; reports 65% increase in Q2 cable self-installs

FierceCable
by Steve Donohue
August 1, 2012

Comcast (Nasdaq: CMCSA) launched its X1 next generation digital video platform in Atlanta this week, and will expand the rollout to "hundreds of thousands of subscribers" in five major markets by the end of the year, CEO Brian Roberts said Wednesday on the company's second-quarter earnings call.
. . .

»links.mkt1985.com/ctt?kn=179&ms= ··· t=1&rt=0

Yes, I had initially thought that comment was saying that Brian Roberts had announced that 5 MORE "major markets" would get the X1 in 2013, but then I later saw a transcript of the earnings call which showed that Roberts had actually said "In June we expanded our X1 cloud based guide to our first major market Boston and just this week we are launching in Atlanta with the plan to be in five major markets and deployed in hundreds of thousands of homes by the end of this year."

So it looks like Jeff Baumgartner may have meant to type "..with five "major markets" in line for it BY next year." instead.

Russ6

Houston, TX
Karl Bode has an article about this (click the following link.)

»Comcast's New X1 Set Top Coming to Atlanta

telcodad
Premium
Lincroft, NJ
With the official launch of the X1 service in Atlanta this week, I wonder when the launch in next supposed market, Chattanooga, will be announced?

According to that schedule that I had obtained in mid-April (»[DVR] Spectrum Quad Tuner DVR revealed), Chattanooga was to get it at about the same time as Atlanta, with the Denver market then getting X1 about 2 weeks later.