uniqs
share rss forum feed
« I can confirm this story
This is a sub-selection from Oooooooh!

jaytingle

@mycingular.net
reply to public

Re: Oooooooh!

Absolutely. The paradigm has shifted from public utility to mercenary racket. We are allowing a handful of aggressive corporations to put their interests ahead of the needs of every consumer and every other business and even national security. And these telecoms are virtually colluding: they each actively provide as little bandwidth as possible for as much money as possible. They have no motivation to build a network worthy of the economic potential of the US. In fact, they have a disincentive to provide high-level service.

WhatNow
Premium
join:2009-05-06
Charlotte, NC

The Public Utilities Commissions have been neutered and if the Republicans win their biggest gripe is regulation. They want less because the market will take care of any problems.

I could go for the fixed LTE if the price and caps were equal to DSL. I saw a post the other day where a guy said it was sad his LTE smartphone gave him 4Xs better speed then his hardwired internet connection. I am not sure if he is on cable or DSL. His problem is he uses at least 500GB of data on his hardwired if he is having a very slow month.