spc
Search similar:

uniqs
adam_fd
join:2012-05-30
Saint-Laurent, QC

adam_fd

[Mobile] Losing a customer of 12 years

I'm posting this as general information, and as a cautionary tale to current and prospective Bell Mobile customers. Obviously, I can't speak for anyone but myself and I don't know how anyone else is treated.

My father has been a customer for about 12 years now. For that entire time he has been paying in-market prices. Three years ago he was coaxed into renewing a contract in order to get a free phone. What the agent didn't tell him at the time was that he was also changing plans to one that didn't include 6 pm early evenings. Unfortunately, after a few calls, Bell didn't want to budge.

Fast forward to now. My father has no contract and wants a new phone. This should be a perfect time to call, right?

The customer loyalty agent offered my father what amounted to an in-market plan with free Call Display. This is absolutely insulting. Rogers is offering almost the same plan, for $4 less, for NEW customers. And they are much more flexible about retaining existing customers (that's why I've been with them for more than 10 years).

I tried to get my father to switch to Rogers three years ago, but it didn't work. Now he's finally seen the reality that, in his case, each day as a Bell customer he is throwing good money after bad. Over the last few years Bell has done nothing to seriously demonstrate that they value him as a customer.

I truly expected more from Bell.

We're probably going to the Rogers store later this week.
bt
join:2009-02-26
canada

bt

In my experience, Bell inbound retentions offers really poor deals. But then you get a call a week or two later from outbound retentions with a much better deal.

You might need to actually start the cancellation process for that to happen though, which can cause problems porting a number out.
epsilon3
join:2008-03-29
canada

epsilon3 to adam_fd

to adam_fd
I suggest you (if the coverage area is not a big issue):

www,publicmobile.ca (CDMA) - from $19 unlimited talk

www.chatrwireless.com - unlimited voice + CD + 50 SMS - from $25 (it is using Rogers network) ... I have them since they launched ... NO ISSUES + you can use any unlocked GSM phone
The_Hatta
join:2011-08-16
canada

The_Hatta

epsilon3,

That's because Chat-r is Rogers, Just like Fido is Rogers, They made the brand to complete with the new entries to the market and try and drive them out..