Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

jamaicaplain

@comcast.net

1 edit
reply to aguiar0016

Boston, MA

In Boston, rebooted modem this morning and I now have the higher speeds on Blast.

and from ShaperProbe:

Upstream: No shaper detected.
Median received rate: 10640 Kbps.

Downstream: Burst size: 6621-6953 KB; Shaping rate: 53050 Kbps.

I was hoping to get 15 up but looks like it is only 10-11.

Chris 313
Come get some
Premium
join:2004-07-18
Houma, LA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·Vonage
·Comcast
·Comcast Digital ..

Re: [Speed] Northeast speed changes coming.

said by jamaicaplain :

In Boston, rebooted modem this morning and I now have the higher speeds on Blast.

[att=1]

and from ShaperProbe:

Upstream: No shaper detected.
Median received rate: 10640 Kbps.

Downstream: Burst size: 6621-6953 KB; Shaping rate: 53050 Kbps.

I was hoping to get 15 up but looks like it is only 10-11.

Watch this: »Your Speed is 50% Faster - Extreme 50 We Blasters who only get 55/10, might get 15 soon after. Time will tell, but enjoy the upgrade, eh?

jamaicaplain

@comcast.net

said by Chris 313:

Watch this: »Your Speed is 50% Faster - Extreme 50 We Blasters who only get 55/10, might get 15 soon after. Time will tell, but enjoy the upgrade, eh?

Thanks, Chris, I had seen that and in fact it is why I was hoping to see 15. It seems like if they are already upgrading Blast 50/10 to 50/15 then why not do it all at once for the current speed doubling. But maybe it will still happen. Here's hoping.

Chris 313
Come get some
Premium
join:2004-07-18
Houma, LA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·Vonage
·Comcast
·Comcast Digital ..

said by jamaicaplain :

said by Chris 313:

Thanks, Chris, I had seen that and in fact it is why I was hoping to see 15. It seems like if they are already upgrading Blast 50/10 to 50/15 then why not do it all at once for the current speed doubling. But maybe it will still happen. Here's hoping.

Yeah, I don't get it either and speeds have been at 55/15 for a while now, so why have all areas not gotten this and for those on Blast just getting 50, why not just come right in with 55/15? Boggles the mind the way Comcast does some things. Hell, when my area goes from 16/2 to better, I'm expecting 75/15 to be what Blast is. But you're right. Here's hoping.