spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Angerphile

@lax-noc.com

[TWC] TWC won't provision SB6120 /w Ultimate internet tier

They refuse to provision my circuit with Ultimate with my SB6120, yet this is a DOCSIS 3.0 modem they state that it "Isn't Compatible" and I must have a "D3" modem...

Oh my god, why won't they listen when I tell them that my modem IS DOCSIS 3!?

Such a PITA company, they want to install their stupid wireless modem. :/

tmpchaos
Requiescat in pace
Co-Lead Mod
join:2000-04-28
Hoboken, NJ
It might be that they want users to have a modem capable of more than 4x1 channel bonding.

motorola870

join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX
kudos:4
said by tmpchaos:

It might be that they want users to have a modem capable of more than 4x1 channel bonding.

probably true as the North Texas market is currently activating 2 more downstreams per node each night tuesday morning to friday morning 12-5am during the week until the 26th of this month since two weeks ago for a total of 6 downstream channels.

chamberc
Premium
join:2008-08-05
Irving, TX
reply to Angerphile
said by Angerphile :

They refuse to provision my circuit with Ultimate with my SB6120, yet this is a DOCSIS 3.0 modem they state that it "Isn't Compatible" and I must have a "D3" modem...

That's correct. They stopped supporting that model about 3 years ago.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY
kudos:11
reply to Angerphile
"They refuse to provision my circuit with Ultimate with my SB6120, yet this is a DOCSIS 3.0 modem they state that it "Isn't Compatible" and I must have a "D3" modem...

Such a PITA company, they want to install their stupid wireless modem. :/"

The 6120 is not an approved modem for the reason already mentioned that it will only bond 4 channels.

Hob
--
"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

iansltx

join:2007-02-19
Austin, TX
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·Verizon Online DSL
Sorry to hijack the thread, but does the equipment that TWC hands out always support 8x4 bonding now? Because the SB6120 is a very solid 4x4 modem that has no issues hitting the speeds of any tier TWC has or will probably have for the next year or so.

How do I know this? Because 50/15 is faster than 50/5 and I've been running 50/15 on my SB6120 with Comcast for months now.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium
Orchard Park, NY
"Sorry to hijack the thread, but does the equipment that TWC hands out always support 8x4 bonding now?"

In the case of a D3 modem yes.

Hob
--
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

kilrathi
Premium
join:2005-04-22
Rockaway Park, NY
reply to Angerphile
Yes they have list of supported devices and 6120 is not on it, I think if a customer had that modem before they upgraded to ultimate there maybe a way to convince t3 to support it for now but I think you would have to hit the right person aka luck.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium
Orchard Park, NY
said by kilrathi:

Yes they have list of supported devices and 6120 is not on it, I think if a customer had that modem before they upgraded to ultimate there maybe a way to convince t3 to support it for now but I think you would have to hit the right person aka luck.

You might, however going forward if there are any issues with the service, the first thing that will be pointed out is that the modem is not approved. I am sure we will see a thread about it at some point.

Hob
--
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

skuv

@rr.com
reply to iansltx
said by iansltx:

Sorry to hijack the thread, but does the equipment that TWC hands out always support 8x4 bonding now? Because the SB6120 is a very solid 4x4 modem that has no issues hitting the speeds of any tier TWC has or will probably have for the next year or so.

How do I know this? Because 50/15 is faster than 50/5 and I've been running 50/15 on my SB6120 with Comcast for months now.

Obviously it supports the speed, but that's not the point. They want the speeds spread out over 8 channels, and not just 4. Causes less congestion and allows more people to obtain the full speeds at once.

motorola870

Arlington, TX
reply to Angerphile
said by Angerphile :

Here might be the reason why TWC is not supporting the SB6120:

Downstream Bonded Channels
Channel Lock Status Modulation Channel ID Frequency Power SNR Correctables Uncorrectables
1 Locked QAM256 1 783000000 Hz -3.8 dBmV 38.2 dB 8 0
2 Locked QAM256 2 789000000 Hz -4.1 dBmV 37.8 dB 31 0
3 Locked QAM256 3 795000000 Hz -4.6 dBmV 37.1 dB 73 0
4 Locked QAM256 4 801000000 Hz -4.7 dBmV 37.2 dB 58 0
5 Locked QAM256 5 807000000 Hz -5.4 dBmV 36.5 dB 189 0
6 Locked QAM256 6 813000000 Hz -5.2 dBmV 37.4 dB 325 0
7 Not Locked Unknown 0 0 Hz 0.0 dBmV 0.0 dB 0 0
8 Not Locked Unknown 0 0 Hz 0.0 dBmV 0.0 dB 0 0

GNH
tolle causam
Premium
join:1999-12-20
Arlington, TX
reply to Angerphile
Have six bonded here, too. That is, after I rebooted the modem. Last night about 1A service returned with one bonded channel; four amber. {Had solid 30/5 on WAN2, but only one channel.} Same thing this morning until the reboot. FYI

motorola870

Arlington, TX
said by GNH:

Have six bonded here, too. That is, after I rebooted the modem. Last night about 1A service returned with one bonded channel; four amber. {Had solid 30/5 on WAN2, but only one channel.} Same thing this morning until the reboot. FYI

yeah I had the same issue last night had to reboot the modem to regain bonding.

By the way they did all of Arlington last night for adding the 807MHz and 813MHz frequencies as well as the rest of the metro that did not have it before last night they moved the maintenance up as parts of arlington were not supposed to get it till tonight and others until tomorrow night but they did all of it last night due to the olympics basically getting the upgrade rolled out to prevent maintenance during the olympics.

I wonder if we are on the same CMTS? because my internet went out at 12:05 am and came back on at about 1am as well.

Also have you noticed the iGuide update if you have TV service with TWC where you can now check your calls from your tv as well do startover and lookback?

GNH
tolle causam
Premium
join:1999-12-20
Arlington, TX
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·AT&T U-Verse
Just got back in here, motorola870.

I wouldn't be surprised if we are on the same unit. That said, you seem to consistently have a slightly cleaner signal than ours, and I've wondered how close you are to the headend. I'm just west of Dalworthington Gardens. Maybe the quality of your pedestal has more to do with SNR?

Don't have their TV service, yet. Been giving it some serious thought. Biggest issue; I have Cat5e to all the rooms, but no RG60 (or whatever they use). Wish they had an STB (like UVerse) that could be fed from the DVR (out to Router then to Cat5e). Guess quality may suffer, though.

CptGemini
Inside your computer
Premium
join:2004-11-29
Corpus Christi, TX
kudos:6
Down here in corpus when DOCSIS 3 was officially turned on my signals and SNR took a real dump. Made a call and after extensive testing done by 3 techs that were here it was discovered to be an issue at the node. Took a while but eventually the boost at the node I was told about was done and now my signals and SNR are at normal levels.

So that may be something else to think about if there is no issue found with the wiring inside your home and to the tap.

said by motorola870:

I wonder if we are on the same CMTS? because my internet went out at 12:05 am and came back on at about 1am as well.

You may be able to tell from a good traceroute but then again the only person that could tell you that probably is TWCdude See Profile . It could be information that is for internal eyes only though.
--
»www.akaskriller.com - Your ultimate source for all android needs.