how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

End of All

join:2012-02-27
Verona, NY

Wondering if i could ever get Road Runner

Hi, I just built a house in Verona, NY 13478. I have checked on the TW site but it says not available. But with Verizon/TW deal going through and Verizon starting to drop DSL customers I was wondering I would be able to get TWC at my house?

maartena
Elmo
Premium
join:2002-05-10
Orange, CA
kudos:3

1 recommendation

If YOU built the house (as in, you bought the land, got a contractor, built the house etc) it might very well be that TWC is available but simply bypasses your house because no house was ever there.

Try a few neighbor's addresses and see if it comes up. Additionally, call TWC and see if they can come out to do a site survey and give you some answers. It may be as simple as running the cable from the street (or pole) to the house.
--
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!"

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY
kudos:11

1 recommendation

reply to End of All
said by End of All:

Hi, I just built a house in Verona, NY 13478. I have checked on the TW site but it says not available. But with Verizon/TW deal going through and Verizon starting to drop DSL customers I was wondering I would be able to get TWC at my house?

Have you called and asked Time Warner?

Hob
--
"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

NightOwl2

join:2012-03-19
reply to End of All
No offense, but why didn't you, or the contractor, check on cable availability prior to home construction? I can't even count the hundreds of site surveys that were requested daily, and often set up for multiple sites in a single phone call. Several years ago I lived in a new subdivision and the contractor had everything pre-set with the cable provider. Lines ran, individual boxes. The tech activated my box, tested the outlets, and cable/internet ready to go.
Expand your moderator at work

End of All

join:2012-02-27
Verona, NY
reply to End of All

Re: Wondering if i could ever get Road Runner

So after calling them, I guess I can't get it afterall, stinks.

motorola870

join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX
kudos:4
said by End of All:

So after calling them, I guess I can't get it afterall, stinks.

I have seen this issue in a Charter cable system near where my family lives seems when they built the cable cable system in the rural areas in the 80s they only put in taps where people had houses back then well now they are just now upgrading the system to 860MHz and a lot of newer builds are not able to get cable tv because they have no tap at their location hopefully with charter upgrading the old 450MHz lines to 860MHz they will put taps in for the homes that request them that on the main line runs on the Farm Roads. Right now that area does not have internet, VOD, or Phone just a limited digital cable lineup with analogs.