how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

myearshurt

@teksavvy.com
reply to Tx

Re: Your hold music.

I'd sooner listen to the guy telling me over and over again that the next representative will be right with me.. I still have that fucking jingle in my head.

hades_2100

join:2002-09-14
Burnaby, BC

Had to listen to that Super Mario music for 2 hours yesterday! I had a splitting headache after 1h and my wife took over. PLEASE CHANGE.

hades

balur

join:2010-04-28
kudos:1
reply to mlerner

said by mlerner:

You can get Rocky and Marc to record a few duets then SOCAN won't get any licensing money.

Hold music is TSI staff doing karaoke, I support this

It would probably also lower wait times as people would be abandoning calls except in emergencies

mshdpotatoes

join:2006-05-03
kudos:1
reply to myearshurt

I like to think I have pretty eclectic taste in music, there's a lot of different music you could play that wouldn't annoy me, but most of it would likely annoy the majority of your other customers in some way or another. I think that's the real problem with hold-music - people's tastes are far too diverse for anything short of a system of "press 1 for Jazz, 2 for Pop, 3 for Metal, 4 for Dance, ...etc" to not annoy a bunch of your customers.

Quite some time ago now TSI was playing classical on hold, but some people on DSLR complained that it was being played at an ear-piercingly-high volume. Unfortunately, instead of just lowering the volume the classical was replaced with modern pop music. I'm not into classical myself but I would definitely rather be forced to listen to that than the sort of pop music the majority of people find tolerable. There were a couple songs in your short playlist a while back I didn't mind, but most of them I'd really preferred not to have had to listen to. Classical might even be far less troublesome as far as ridiculous licensing nonsense goes.

What I really think would be the ultimate in hold music though, would actually be the absence of the stuff. When a customer first enters the hold-queue, give them a prompt to "press 1 now to turn off the music so you can concentrate on reading your book/website/newspaper/etc, or whatever else it is your trying to pass the time with". If I want to listen to music when I'm on hold, I've got speakers right here I can use to play something I actually want to hear.

llort

@rogers.com

said by mshdpotatoes:

What I really think would be the ultimate in hold music though, would actually be the absence of the stuff. When a customer first enters the hold-queue, give them a prompt to "press 1 now to turn off the music so you can concentrate on reading your book/website/newspaper/etc, or whatever else it is your trying to pass the time with". If I want to listen to music when I'm on hold, I've got speakers right here I can use to play something I actually want to hear.

The only problem with the absence of sound is if you get disconnected you may not realize it until half hour later.

DarkStar33

join:2008-03-27
Toronto, ON
reply to mlerner

said by mlerner:

said by HiVolt:

I'll play the fuckin windows login sound before i pay shit to those at SOCAN.

Grab the login sound for every version of Windows and put it on loop.

Add dubstep, become overnight sensation.
--
TekSavvy Extreme Cable Pro (Toronto, ON)
»www.speedtest.net/result/1343900371.png

TSI Gabe
Premium,VIP
join:2007-01-03
Chatham, ON
kudos:7
reply to mlerner

said by mlerner:

said by HiVolt:

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=wO9q4H49cGA

mlerner
Premium
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON
kudos:5

said by TSI Gabe:

said by mlerner:

said by HiVolt:

(youtube clip)

Next comes Windows NT.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=6suWwnjGKgQ

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium,MVM
join:2010-01-09
Scarborough, ON
kudos:10
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·Start Communicat..
reply to TSI Martin

said by TSI Martin:

Hey guys,
It's simply part of the kinks

The kinks. Now you're talking.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h1oRP7FfBw

Mike
--
Cogeco - The New UBB Devil -»[Burloak] Usage Based Billing Nightmare
Make The Switch - »openmedia.ca/switch

koreyb
Open the Canadian Market NOW

join:2005-01-08
East York, ON
Reviews:
·VMedia
·Rogers Hi-Speed
reply to myearshurt

How about just put public domain music in the system and put enough to last a long time so no matter how long you wait, you never have to hear the same loop... or simply get a service like XM to provide music. Adding PRESS 1 for this 2 for that, adds confusion to the already complicated IVR for non-TECH heads. The point of the music is only to ensure people know they are waiting on the line, make people relaxed so they are less emotional when they get to someone.

mlerner
Premium
Nepean, ON

said by koreyb:

Adding PRESS 1 for this 2 for that, adds confusion to the already complicated IVR for non-TECH heads. The point of the music is only to ensure people know they are waiting on the line, make people relaxed so they are less emotional when they get to someone.

Having an option of what to hear might also calm ppl down. Apparently TSI choosing the tunes doesn't work, or for any company for that matter.

Then again I know of no PBX in existence that has such a programmable option. But I suspect would be fairly popular.

Last Parade

join:2002-10-07
Port Colborne, ON
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
reply to mlerner

The XP install music (now famous) I could deal with on hold:

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNXzMBA9VU4

Last Parade

join:2002-10-07
Port Colborne, ON
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
reply to mlerner

said by mlerner:

said by koreyb:

Adding PRESS 1 for this 2 for that, adds confusion to the already complicated IVR for non-TECH heads. The point of the music is only to ensure people know they are waiting on the line, make people relaxed so they are less emotional when they get to someone.

Having an option of what to hear might also calm ppl down. Apparently TSI choosing the tunes doesn't work, or for any company for that matter.

Then again I know of no PBX in existence that has such a programmable option. But I suspect would be fairly popular.

Sirius XM's phone system allows you to select a channel while on hold, IIRC

lorilya

join:2012-01-04
reply to myearshurt

Here's one for you:

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3-vBBQKOYU

awebber
Premium
join:2003-04-02
Gloucester, ON
reply to myearshurt

An example of hold music I enjoy is Public Mobile. Usually their hold times have been short but once I waited about 5 minutes (maybe it was after talking to someone). The music was entertaining and amusing. Of course that was for 5 minutes, if the hold times are 40 minutes nothing is really going to distract you.

=aw
--
Webber's occasional bargain blog: www.wwwebber.com

koreyb
Open the Canadian Market NOW

join:2005-01-08
East York, ON
Reviews:
·VMedia
·Rogers Hi-Speed
reply to myearshurt

After having to help my parents with their move... and waiting on hold for over 20 min each time i've had to call (4 times this week) the same music loop over and over is awful! This is not a way to make customers feel comfortable holding for this long that is for sure!!!

BTW with all 3 lines having the same IVR.. the point of having 3 numbers is?????

mlerner
Premium
Nepean, ON

said by koreyb:

BTW with all 3 lines having the same IVR.. the point of having 3 numbers is?????

So they can confuse you.

rodjames
Premium
join:2010-06-19
Gloucester, ON
reply to myearshurt

Hold music sounds terrible on a cell phone. Period.

nitzguy
Premium
join:2002-07-11
Sudbury, ON
reply to koreyb

said by koreyb:

After having to help my parents with their move... and waiting on hold for over 20 min each time i've had to call (4 times this week) the same music loop over and over is awful! This is not a way to make customers feel comfortable holding for this long that is for sure!!!

Tracking. So they know who is calling what numbers....I know it sounds stupid, but that's why they do it.

MrShag

join:2006-07-09
Hamilton, ON
reply to myearshurt

Could you guys not also just stream using Itunes??

They have tons of radio stations that are decent
--
UBB - Universal Butt Banged. Thank-you Bell My I have another.

zacron
Premium
join:2008-11-26
canada
reply to myearshurt

My business used to pay the fee to use

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOJzahgbVUg

It was well received... that an Walter Wanderly's Summer Samba lol
--
"Lord giveth but he also taketh away"

zacron
Premium
join:2008-11-26
canada
reply to Last Parade

yes from MS OOBE. lol. I used to use the computers in high school and run "iexplore.exe -k »localhost/oobe.html" and it would run a script that would run the oobe music and lock the terminal perpetually until a certain "programed" keystroke was entered...

The best one was using LanSchool and TLC SchoolConnect and setting it up as a script to run at boot time lolz... the whole school in unison.

I miss the good ol days.

Z
--
"Lord giveth but he also taketh away"