All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed
« Will Pay For Services
This is a sub-selection from I don't get it....

etaadmin

join:2002-01-17
Dallas, TX
kudos:1
reply to hello123454

Re: I don't get it....

said by hello123454:

Comcast's 300 Mbps won't equal Verizon's 300 Mbps....

Both companies are going back and forth on numbers when in reality Verizon has much more leverage with how their network is setup....

Correct... Comcast's plan is 5 Mbps faster.

iansltx

join:2007-02-19
Austin, TX
kudos:2

I kinda wish Verizon would just bump the provisioning on its tier to 306 Mbps...just to tick off Comcast. Two can play at the one-upmanship game.

etaadmin

join:2002-01-17
Dallas, TX
kudos:1

said by iansltx:

I kinda wish Verizon would just bump the provisioning on its tier to 306 Mbps...just to tick off Comcast. Two can play at the one-upmanship game.

Just marketing tricks but hey it works for Comcast... if Verizon wanted to make sure no MSO could match their speeds they would offer high uploads like a 300/300 Mbps but they didn't why?

Besides in the near future in markets where Verizon can't offer anything respectable (all of non FiOS markets) they'll be offering the next best thing to fiber... cable's (Comcast, Cox, TWC, BrightHouse) DOCSIS3.x

PapaMidnight

join:2009-01-13
Baltimore, MD
reply to etaadmin

said by etaadmin:

said by hello123454:

Comcast's 300 Mbps won't equal Verizon's 300 Mbps....

Both companies are going back and forth on numbers when in reality Verizon has much more leverage with how their network is setup....

Correct... Comcast's plan is 5 Mbps faster.

Yes. A whole whopping 5 Mbps for $95 more per month. That's about as competitive as Intel's Pentium 4 Gigahertz war vs AMD if you ask me.

PapaMidnight

join:2009-01-13
Baltimore, MD
reply to iansltx

I don't see a point in bothering when Verizon FiOS consistently tends to deliver faster than advertised speeds.