Premium
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon Broadban..
·Comcast

Just noticed upstream channel bonding

I came home from vacation and noticed that I had upstream channel bonding on my modem. This is in Springfield, MA (which is nowhere near FiOS turf but was one of the first Comcast markets upgraded to D3). Maybe the upgrades are just around the corner. The 30/5 tier is fine for my needs (Twitterbook, YouTube, light gaming, DSLR, Online Newspapers, E-Mail, online banking, and various other things) but I'll gladly take the 50/15 upgrade.

etaadmin

join:2002-01-17
Dallas, TX
kudos:1
said by IowaCowboy:

I came home from vacation and noticed that I had upstream channel bonding on my modem. This is in Springfield, MA (which is nowhere near FiOS turf but was one of the first Comcast markets upgraded to D3). Maybe the upgrades are just around the corner. The 30/5 tier is fine for my needs (Twitterbook, YouTube, light gaming, DSLR, Online Newspapers, E-Mail, online banking, and various other things) but I'll gladly take the 50/15 upgrade.

Yep, looks like some MSOs are getting ready to use upstream channel bonding. I know TWC is getting ready »upstream bonding in NYC

Probably Comcast is way ahead of other MSOs in this area.