All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

wmcbrine
join:2002-12-30
Laurel, MD

wmcbrine

Blow through your monthly cap in just two hours!

...and 14 minutes.
Os
join:2011-01-26
US

Os

But now you can pay Comcast overage fees! Yippee!

buddahbless
join:2005-03-21
Premium

buddahbless

Both of those statements ( caps and Overages) are what you will see in the next wave of Verizon commercial adds when Comcast ( and you know they will) start running adds that there the fastest internet provider.

Also Verizon will just kick it up a few nickels (to 320 mbps) a month or so after the comcast roll out is up and complain to the FCC if Comcast tries to run adds that there the fastest.

FFH5
Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

FFH5 to wmcbrine

Premium Member

to wmcbrine
said by wmcbrine:

...and 14 minutes.

Only if cap remains. I doubt it will. This will be a premium service, like a business acct, and will most likely not have a cap. It will also be priced that way.

buddahbless
join:2005-03-21
Premium

buddahbless

said by FFH5:

Only if cap remains. I doubt it will. This will be a premium service, like a business acct, and will most likely not have a cap. It will also be priced that way.

DONT' COUNT ON THAT, You have seemed to forget comcast has business class service and that is there ONLY service that is not capped, currently Business class cost $370 per month for 100/10 mbps unthrottled/uncapped. So you can bet your ass 305 mbps for $300 (as its been announced it will cost) will be capped and maybe throttled, If not current Business class customers would switch over in a heart beat, now they may raise the cap ( to 300-400 GB) but it will be there !
Wilsdom
join:2009-08-06

Wilsdom to buddahbless

to buddahbless
I'd hope so, but ISP competition is barely perceptible. Also Verizon probably won't say anything so that it can leave open the possibility of metering in the future