spc
uniqs

hdtvtechno22
join:2008-08-22
Chicago, IL

hdtvtechno22

Re: Wall mounted a/c units

Ok since thats done..
can someone tell me why my shower head is the bathroom is making sounds like a tea kettle whistle sounds whenever i turn on the shower.. soo annoying!

leibold
MVM
join:2002-07-09
Sunnyvale, CA
Netgear CG3000DCR
ZyXEL P-663HN-51

leibold

MVM

said by hdtvtechno22:

can someone tell me why my shower head is the bathroom is making sounds like a tea kettle whistle sounds whenever i turn on the shower

Not sure whether you are serious, but perhaps you need to check the temperature setting on your water heater. It is only supposed to produce hot water not steam!

Does it still make that noise if you temporarily remove the shower head ?

hdtvtechno22
Chicago, IL

hdtvtechno22

yes im serious..its a bathtub and shower in one.. when i turn on the water and then pull the lever for the shower to turn on ..the whistling starts..

Juggernaut
Irreverent or irrelevant?
Premium Member
join:2006-09-05
Kelowna, BC

Juggernaut

Premium Member

Sounds like harmonics from one of the taps, or a restriction (water saver crap?) in the shower head.

Check head first, and then hot/cold water alone.

Beezel
join:2008-12-15
Las Vegas, NV

Beezel to hdtvtechno22

to hdtvtechno22
said by hdtvtechno22:

Ok since thats done..
can someone tell me why my shower head is the bathroom is making sounds like a tea kettle whistle sounds whenever i turn on the shower.. soo annoying!

A possible restriction in the shower head. Remove and clean and try. Or possible air entering the line somewhere.

hdtvtechno22
Chicago, IL

hdtvtechno22

ok i'll check it out

I also noticed there are holes in between the a/c wall sleeve and the bricks outside on the exterior wall of the hose.. have to patch those too!

what do you recommend i use?

robbin
Mod
join:2000-09-21
Leander, TX

robbin

Mod

I would use a urethane sealant. Second choice would probably be silicone.