Premium Member
join:2002-06-07
Vancouver, BC

decx to cidknee0

Premium Member

to cidknee0

Re: [DSL] Cellpipe random reboots / loss of sync (Check logs ple

said by cidknee0:

Im going to ask a pretty silly question here, but bear with me. I just received a cellpipe modem, and I want to put it into bridge mode, and I want to avoid all these issues like you all are having.
Will I have these issues when in bridge mode?

Which issue are you talking about? This thread is a big pile of issues.

If you're mean the rebooting problem it would depend on the firmware your modem comes with. If it has the problematic R3 you'll need to set its PPPoE client up and notify TSI to get Bell to update the modem to R8.

There really isn't a need for bridge mode as the Cellpipe will properly pass through PPPoE sessions in it's default state thus allowing a separate router to connect as the PPPoE client.
cidknee0
join:2009-02-28

cidknee0

Sorry yes I meant the rebooting issue, as this will be in a business envoronment, I want as little issues as possible.

I do NOT want any access to this as my network will be doing all PPPoE and routing, hence why I want it in bridge mode.

my firmware is 1.0.4.4R3WH
abcxyz123
join:2012-01-17
k2k0h2

abcxyz123

said by cidknee0:

my firmware is 1.0.4.4R3WH

It will reboot spontaneously until you get the firmware push.
decx
Premium Member
Vancouver, BC

decx to cidknee0

Premium Member

to cidknee0
With that firmware version you will have the rebooting problem. You'll need to notify TSI to have Bell put you on the firmware update list. You'll also need to temporarily enable PPPoE (you can turn it off once you're updated) on your modem to allow for the firmware update.
cidknee0
join:2009-02-28

cidknee0

Ah that SUCKS. there is no other way to get the firmware? I dont want to have any downtime.
abcxyz123
join:2012-01-17
k2k0h2

abcxyz123

said by cidknee0:

Ah that SUCKS. there is no other way to get the firmware? I dont want to have any downtime.

I thought this was the group push and the TSI notification was only for the test group a few weeks ago. You can try to enter your info into the modem to see if you get the update, the process is relatively quick. You would not need to connect the modem to the network to configure it, one laptop would suffice.
decx
Premium Member
Vancouver, BC

decx

Premium Member

said by abcxyz123:

said by cidknee0:

I thought this was the group push and the TSI notification was only for the test group a few weeks ago. You can try to enter your info into the modem to see if you get the update, the process is relatively quick. You would not need to connect the modem to the network to configure it, one laptop would suffice.

This is the group push. However Martin inferred that the push might only be going to those on the affected list and since this is a new customer he may need to be added to get the update. But definitely try first to see if it gets auto updated.

JenSuisUn
Premium Member
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON

JenSuisUn

Premium Member

That group, if it does become something that is needed, would only be after the full out deployment. From what I've been seeing on here, it looks as though there isn't much needed to get the update.

It also doesn't seem like it takes a really long time for the modem to call the server to be & updated.
said by cidknee0 See ProfileSorry yes I meant the rebooting issue, as this will be in a business envoronment, I want as little issues as possible. [/BQUOTE :

If you manage your network, then send a mass email to your employees indicating a necessary network maintenance will be required & internet will be down for 15-30 mins. It may not even be that long.

Regards,
Martin

dgass
join:2007-09-27
Etobicoke, ON

2 edits

dgass

Hi Martin,

The update (once I was able to get a session up) took about 7 min in total from DL to reboot to verify to set back to bridge.

Hope this helps others. Just be clear that getting it to grab an IP on it's own for me at least (Static IP) was/is a pain. As I've listed in a recent post.

I'll let you know tonight if I've had any reboots at all since last nights update.

EDIT: Just checked in at home remotely. 18+ hours and going strong.

EDIT 2: 23:40+ and going strong... Only twice since January has it stayed up this long.
/cross fingers
atsak
join:2012-03-24
Oakville, ON

atsak to JenSuisUn

to JenSuisUn
said by JenSuisUn:

That group, if it does become something that is needed, would only be after the full out deployment. From what I've been seeing on here, it looks as though there isn't much needed to get the update.

It also doesn't seem like it takes a really long time for the modem to call the server to be & updated.

Regards,
Martin

Mine went in tonight the second (I mean RIGHT away) I connected the PPPoE session at 1AM . . .

Now to do the one at work tomorrow sometime . . .