MVM
join:2001-08-03
Grand Rapids, MI

Nightfall to johnnn

MVM

to johnnn

Re: SB6120 Firmware Updated (7/19/12)

said by johnnn:

Anyone seeing this in Michigan yet? Any news on whether the rollout is nationwide? So far nothing as of yesterday in my area.

Nothing in Grand Rapids, MI yet. Still running the old 2010 version of firmware. I have Blast! service.
johnnn
join:2007-01-25
Ann Arbor, MI

johnnn

Cheers =) We're in it together! I also have Blast! and am hoping for that 50Mbps email...

depster
join:2001-06-07
Grand Rapids, MI

depster to Nightfall

to Nightfall
Updated firmware in Kentwood, MI as of 4:15p.

cc_ryder
@comcast.net

cc_ryder

Anon

Anyone know how/where to get the firmware update....suffering "non-existant" upload speed

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
join:2004-06-24
The Boro

NetFixer

Premium Member

said by cc_ryder :

Anyone know how/where to get the firmware update....suffering "non-existant" upload speed

Where: From Comcast.

How: You wait for Comcast to make it available in your area.

Mike Wolf
join:2009-05-24
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf to cc_ryder

to cc_ryder
its quite possible that the upload speed issue you're having has nothing to do with the firmware of the modem or even the modem itself, it really could be an issue outside your house with the signal levels, with the splitters, or even the cabling itself as they can go bad overnight. Your best bet is to schedule a line technician to come out and check outside the lines. Be careful because sometimes when your asking for a technician they send out an installer instead and they sometimes they don't have the training or equipment to do the actual testing on the pole.
AVonGauss
Premium Member
join:2007-11-01
Boynton Beach, FL

1 recommendation

AVonGauss

Premium Member

said by Mike Wolf:

Your best bet is to schedule a line technician to come out and check outside the lines. Be careful because sometimes when your asking for a technician they send out an installer instead and they sometimes they don't have the training or equipment to do the actual testing on the pole.

You can't call in and schedule a "line technician", and even if you could, that would not be the appropriate first step. The best first step for cc_ryder would be to follow the instructions at the top of this forum on how to get help and create a new topic specific to their issue.

»Comcast High Speed Internet FAQ »How To Get Help!

Mike Wolf
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf

well of course, it was assumed that those steps were already taken and the issue remained
JPnATL
join:2011-11-16
Bethlehem, GA

JPnATL to cc_ryder

to cc_ryder
Does anybody know how or where I can get rid of this firmware update?

Mike Wolf
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf

Another cable provider. There isn't a way to remove the firmware update because Comcast rolls out the firmware nationwide at some point or another, and possibly eventually other ISP's will as well.

EG
The wings of love
Premium Member
join:2006-11-18
Union, NJ

EG to Mike Wolf

Premium Member

to Mike Wolf
said by Mike Wolf:

Your best bet is to schedule a line technician to come out and check outside the lines. Be careful because sometimes when your asking for a technician they send out an installer instead and they sometimes they don't have the training or equipment to do the actual testing on the pole.

This is why their *standard operating procedure* is that only a premises facing tech can escalate an issue to the line / network / maintenance dept. techs.
Expand your moderator at work