All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
pshrestha
join:2012-07-24
Minneapolis, MN

pshrestha

[Other] Nettalk duo call forwarding is so lousy.

It has been about 3 months now I have been using Nettalk Duo at home and also I have a line for my home office. When I am away, I need to forward the incoming call to my other colleague who works remotely. But it doesn't forward the call until 7-8 rings which is about 35-40 seconds. By then the caller is dropping the call.

I contacted tech support and their answer is like we have to live up with it. They didn't say that they are working to improve the call forwarding. With Vonage, you can chose after how many seconds you want the call to be forwarded.

If they don't improve it, I am going back to vonage although it costs more but you don't lose the callers.

Trev
AcroVoice & DryVoIP Official Rep
Premium Member
join:2009-06-29
Victoria, BC

Trev

Premium Member

said by pshrestha:

If they don't improve it, I am going back to vonage although it costs more but you don't lose the callers.

Why Vonage? What's wrong with the other dozens of providers that will give you exactly what you need, except at more reasonable prices and better freedom?
borntochill
join:2003-02-09
united state

borntochill

said by Trev:

Why Vonage? What's wrong with the other dozens of providers that will give you exactly what you need, except at more reasonable prices and better freedom?

One thing that Vonage and NetTalk have in common is providing the user with a pre-configured telephone adapter. No user setup required. If that's the type of provider they want, it reduces the number of options.
pshrestha
Minneapolis, MN

pshrestha to Trev

to Trev
Ok, can you recommend me some but magic jack, voipo.com and $55 priced Acrovoice?
borntochill
united state

borntochill

said by pshrestha:

Ok, can you recommend me some but magic jack, voipo.com and $55 priced Acrovoice?

Phone Power is another provider with an option for a pre-configured phone adapter.
PX Eliezer704
Premium Member
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River

PX Eliezer704 to pshrestha

Premium Member

to pshrestha
said by pshrestha:

Ok, can you recommend me some but magic jack, voipo.com

Lumping MagicJack together with Voipo is like lumping Djibouti together with Luxembourg.

Or Phyllis Diller with Miley Cyrus.

What do you see as bad about Voipo?

--------------------------------------

Now, if you want far more flexibility and configurability, go with a BYOD provider such as Voip.MS, Anveo, or CallCentric.

Trev
Premium Member
Victoria, BC

Trev to pshrestha

Premium Member

to pshrestha
said by pshrestha:

I was thinking more about the $35 AcroVoice service, which would do what you needed as a single-user small business using an ATA rather than an IP phone.

Not sure what your beef is with Voipo which is usually well regarded on this forum.

Magic Jack... yeah.. that's something to be avoided.
PX Eliezer704
Premium Member
Hutt River

PX Eliezer704

Premium Member

said by Trev:

Magic Jill is even worse. Don't ever tumble to her.
gogreen0
join:2010-09-10
Virginia Beach, VA

gogreen0 to pshrestha

to pshrestha
You can put your DUO on DND (DO NOT DISTURB) and then the call forwarding should ring automatically.

*65 is to enable DND

»faq.nettalk.com/index.ph ··· leid=237
PX Eliezer704
Premium Member
Hutt River

PX Eliezer704

Premium Member

Great to know, thanks GG!
pshrestha
Minneapolis, MN

pshrestha to gogreen0

to gogreen0
Thank you but what if you forget to do *65 before you leave and that you want to activate it online remotely? Vonage has the feature that you can set the time for call forwarding. Does any other provider have that feature?
borntochill
united state

borntochill

said by pshrestha:

Thank you but what if you forget to do *65 before you leave and that you want to activate it online remotely? Vonage has the feature that you can set the time for call forwarding. Does any other provider have that feature?

VOIP.MS gives you the ability to route your call in all sorts of helpful ways (including forwarding) based upon time conditions that you set. I would bet that Anveo does this too. Just be aware that both of these providers are BYOD (bring your own device). If you want a pre-configured ATA box like you had with NetTalk, they don't provide that.

However, good BYOD providers like voip.ms, anveo, and callcentric provide all the information you need to get your own ATA box set up quickly. In under 15 minutes, you can go from taking your ATA out of it's package from Amazon.com (or wherever) and having a working dial tone on it especially if you choose an easy-to-configure ATA like the OBiHai units.

Trev
Premium Member
Victoria, BC

Trev to pshrestha

Premium Member

to pshrestha
Yup, AcroVoice can have set times. In addition, when the forwarding is enabled, the original phone can ring as well.

N9MD
Too busy to chat
Premium Member
join:2005-10-08
Boca Raton, FL

N9MD to PX Eliezer704

Premium Member

to PX Eliezer704
said by PX Eliezer704:

said by Trev:

Magic Jill is even worse. Don't ever tumble to her.

Actually, you have to tumble first ... only then Jill will come "tumbling after."
pshrestha
Minneapolis, MN

pshrestha to gogreen0

to gogreen0
I never used *65 before. What is the proper way to use it? I keyed * 6 5 and pressed "talk" on my handset. The number was dialed but after that there was just dead silence. How do I know that DND has been activated? I was expecting some response such as" DND has been enabled/activated"

Does Netlak has something like simultaneous ring?
pshrestha

pshrestha to gogreen0

to gogreen0
said by gogreen0:

You can put your DUO on DND (DO NOT DISTURB) and then the call forwarding should ring automatically.

*65 is to enable DND

»faq.nettalk.com/index.ph ··· leid=237

I tried DND and I could see red light in the device but calls are still coming.

ChrisB
@optonline.net

ChrisB to pshrestha

Anon

to pshrestha
Although they say that Priority 1 is just for NetTalk, earlier today I used that level for forwarding to GoogleVoice. With that setting, the call ends up going to Google Voice in about 6 rings but did not ring the phone attached to the NetTalk device.
If you set it to Priority 2, the ring count seemed to go up to 9 before google voice answers.