Premium
join:2005-11-16
Z'ha'dum
Reviews:
·CenturyLink

1 edit
reply to Voxxjin

Re: Falling Skies Returns Sunday

I'm astounded, given the expense ($4 million edit: $3 million per episode) and low overall quality of this program, that it has been renewed for a 3rd season. It simply has not been earned, given that its writers are seemingly using TVTropes.org as a writer's guide. The actors really seem like they're showing up purely for the paychecks, and are just bored shitless, waiting for roles on better programs to open up.

The only character I really liked was strangely enough, Jimmy, and they killed his ass. They killed another fellow in S02e07, but he was so poorly developed that I can't be bothered to remember his name or even care. He's better off as spider chow.

Edit: in doing more research, the $4 mil per episode figure seems to be wrong. The numbers I've read recently point to $2.5-$3 million per episode as a best guess. Still far too expensive for what we're getting so far, IMO.
--
"I'm just a human being trying to make it in a world that is very rapidly losing its understanding of being human." - John Trudell

Draiman
Let me see those devil horns in the sky

join:2012-06-01
Kill Devil Hills, NC
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

3 edits

1 recommendation

said by Kosh:

I'm astounded, given the expense ($4 million per episode) and low overall quality of this program, that it has been renewed for a 3rd season. It simply has not been earned, given that its writers are seemingly using TVTropes.org as a writer's guide. The actors really seem like they're showing up purely for the paychecks, and are just bored shitless, waiting for roles on better programs to open up.

They should have cancelled Fallen Skies and instead picked up Eureka since it's a blockbuster on ratings. The cost was cheaper too at like 2.5-3 million an episode it was canned. In the 18-49 demographic Falling Skies is only at 1.9 million viewers overall and 2.6 million for the season premiere while Eureka was at 3.2 million overall.

Octavean
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY
kudos:1
Wait,….what just happened!?!

Did I just click on a Eureka thread,……