share rss forum feed

TSI Martin
Premium
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:33
reply to decx

Re: [DSL] Cellpipe random reboots / loss of sync (Check logs ple

That group, if it does become something that is needed, would only be after the full out deployment. From what I've been seeing on here, it looks as though there isn't much needed to get the update.

It also doesn't seem like it takes a really long time for the modem to call the server to be & updated.

said by cidknee0 See ProfileSorry yes I meant the rebooting issue, as this will be in a business envoronment, I want as little issues as possible. [/BQUOTE :

If you manage your network, then send a mass email to your employees indicating a necessary network maintenance will be required & internet will be down for 15-30 mins. It may not even be that long.

Regards,
Martin
--
TSI Martin (Escalations / Social Media) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »»TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )

dgass

join:2007-09-27
Etobicoke, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·Rogers Hi-Speed

2 edits

Hi Martin,

The update (once I was able to get a session up) took about 7 min in total from DL to reboot to verify to set back to bridge.

Hope this helps others. Just be clear that getting it to grab an IP on it's own for me at least (Static IP) was/is a pain. As I've listed in a recent post.

I'll let you know tonight if I've had any reboots at all since last nights update.

EDIT: Just checked in at home remotely. 18+ hours and going strong.

EDIT 2: 23:40+ and going strong... Only twice since January has it stayed up this long.
/cross fingers

atsak

join:2012-03-24
Oakville, ON
reply to TSI Martin

said by TSI Martin:

That group, if it does become something that is needed, would only be after the full out deployment. From what I've been seeing on here, it looks as though there isn't much needed to get the update.

It also doesn't seem like it takes a really long time for the modem to call the server to be & updated.

Regards,
Martin

Mine went in tonight the second (I mean RIGHT away) I connected the PPPoE session at 1AM . . .

Now to do the one at work tomorrow sometime . . .