how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

GTPlayer

join:2012-07-24

1 edit

[AR] What happened to 240GB Usage?

Cox's usage meter in my control panel has been unavailable for a month, and now it's back, less 40 GB of available usage. I use to get 240 GB a month since thet started this crap last fall. Now it's been reduced to 200 GB. What's next: a daily punitive limit?

I don't recall getting any notice that the cap limit had been reduced by almost 20% last month. I'm glad I didn't upgrade to the next tier, this company is picking our pockets everytime you turn around. Thanks for nothing CHSI.

Rob_
Premium
join:2008-07-16
Mary Esther, FL
kudos:1

Re: [AR] What happen to 240GB Usage?

If that happens, 100 percent of us won't be online cause we cant' afford it! Their caps shouldn't even be enforced till the useage meter is perfected.

This is why I want to see capping illegal. It's unlawful to tell us what to do. I'm sorry, this is just wrong. We pay for a service, screw email screw ESPN3 just give us an active internet connection WE can use..

-Rob

Rob_
Premium
join:2008-07-16
Mary Esther, FL
kudos:1

It works for me, however this is from their AUP:

Will I be billed if I exceed these allowances?

Cox does not currently charge you additional fees if you exceed your allowance. If you determine that your Internet data usage will continue to exceed your allowance, we recommend that you consider a Cox High Speed Internet package that more closely matches your use of the service. If you are consistently going over your data usage allowance, you will also benefit from the faster speeds that come with a higher Internet package.

So just remember that - metered billing is coming, however, at least for now, there doesn't seem to be any enforcement if you go over your cap.. I wouldn't worry about it. If I backup my entire music directory, they would probably be like what is he doing?

»stopthecap.com/2012/03/28/call-t···ome-off/ is starting to help us customers stop cox from doing the metered billing but, for now - the cap is just there to get us used to it..

-Rob