uniqs
share rss forum feed

grimmwit

join:2010-01-19
New Boston, NH

1 edit
reply to aguiar0016

New Boston, NH

New speeds in evidence here in New Boston, NH. Have had Extreme 50 for about 7 months.... reset my modem this afternoon and voila......

njfoses

join:2003-11-11
Tuckerton, NJ

Re: [Speed] Northeast speed changes coming.

Just rebooted and no change yet. Im in ocean county NJ, extreme 50, zoom 5341 modem.

JeepMatt
C'mon the U
Premium
join:2001-12-28
Wilmington, DE
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·Comcast

More than likely it's going to be a regional rollout...based on what i'm reading and suspect...

New England today
Freedom / Beltway region tomorrow
The one of those that doesn't go tomorrow, Thursday?

I'm sure they are monitoring all of the regional fiber backbones for any increased strain....and want to make the upgrade as seamless as possible....
--
"ONE team - ONE city - ONE dream!!"

Mike Wolf

join:2009-05-24
Beachwood, NJ
kudos:3
reply to njfoses

I'm sitting here in OC too waiting.

Mike Wolf

Beachwood, NJ
Reviews:
·Comcast

I need to wonder, If I'm currently seeing 36Mbps down and 7Mbps up and according to all the articles that the increase is going from 25 to 50, what speeds will I be seeing after the upgrade, will it be capped at 50 or will it be higher....

Mike Wolf

Beachwood, NJ
Reviews:
·Comcast

3 edits

1 recommendation

reply to njfoses

Toms River, NJ

Click for full size
I feel so naughty lol

Well it hit us in Toms River, Ocean County this morning.

njfoses

join:2003-11-11
Tuckerton, NJ

Re: [Speed] Northeast speed changes coming.

said by Mike Wolf:

Well it hit us in Toms River, Ocean County this morning.

Hmm, just rebooted and still not upgraded in southern ocean county NJ. Im already on the 50/10 tier.

bman212121

join:2005-06-09
reply to Mike Wolf

It definitely looks like they are getting rid of powerboost for the time being. At 6 and 12MB per second I would say that most small downloads are already fast enough where you wouldn't notice a difference. Anything else you would be downloading would likely outlast powerboost so it's really only going to shave a few seconds off on a large download.

Mike Wolf

Beachwood, NJ

Whats strange is that no matter what I download back before the speed increase and after, I can never download anything faster then 1 or 2MB/s