spc
Search similar:

uniqs

srini0603
@verizon.net

srini0603

Anon

Motorola DVR 3416 - programming guide

I have a motorola dvr 3416 and I got a cable card from verizon and inserted in to the box and all of the channels works good but I am not able to get any program guide.

can some one tell me on how to get the programming guide? I had a verizon tech come to my home to check everything and he says everything is good from their end and he said verizon wont provide the program guide as the set top is not theirs and asked to see if I reset the box to see if I will get the guide. can some one tell me how to factory reset motorola dvr 3416?

I tried this link to reset and it wont work for my dvr. »en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Ho ··· R/Resets I dont see the "n dl" option.
PJL
join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA

PJL

The technician was correct. You won't get the Verizon program guide with your own DVR and a cable card. The Verizon IMG is specific to the Verizon STBs and is installed via an IP connection only to STBs provided by Verizon.
How did you acquire your DVR?

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
join:2001-12-28
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt to srini0603

Premium Member

to srini0603
said by srini0603 :

I had a verizon tech come to my home to check everything and he says everything is good from their end and he said verizon wont provide the program guide as the set top is not theirs and asked to see if I reset the box to see if I will get the guide. can some one tell me how to factory reset motorola dvr 3416?

Wait, a Verizon tech came to your house and let you keep a 3416 hooked up with a cable card?? Wow...

srini0603
@verizon.net

srini0603 to PJL

Anon

to PJL
I got it from one of my friend. so how do I get the program guide then? there is no way to get it?
PJL
join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA

PJL

said by srini0603 :

I got it from one of my friend. so how do I get the program guide then? there is no way to get it?

No.

birdfeedr
MVM
join:2001-08-11
Warwick, RI

birdfeedr to srini0603

MVM

to srini0603
said by srini0603 :

I tried this link to reset and it wont work for my dvr. »en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Ho ··· R/Resets I dont see the "n dl" option.

"n dl" is not an option, it's a status display.

You got as far as step 5. Press the OK/SELECT on the DVR to begin authorization & downloading of software, STB/DVR firmware from your cable headend. It could take up to 20 minutes to download the firmware, the software could take up to 2 hours depending on what software your cable provider has. You should see "n dl" in the LED display with a line moving in a square.

The cable card is authorized since you're able to see content, but the software download failed because the 3416 is not in VZ's equipment list and the head end doesn't know what to do with it.

From what I can determine, Comcast and Cox use that model. Not Verizon.

nycdave
MVM
join:1999-11-16
Melville, NY

nycdave

MVM

That Motorola 3416 will never get IMG guide data from Verizon, since it isn't a MoCA-based box. Verizon's STB's use MoCA and get their IMG guide data via IP. The 3416 is DOCSIS-based.

srini0603
@verizon.net

srini0603 to birdfeedr

Anon

to birdfeedr
sorry, when I said option I meant the display only. the "n dl" does not come on the display. I only get "boot" and "d15p". when I choose ok on the d15p nothing happens and it just stays on oob. when I choose ok on the boot it boots up but no program guide.

nycdave
MVM
join:1999-11-16
Melville, NY

nycdave

MVM

DCH-based boxes will never work on Verizon's cable plant for guide data...You need to use this box on a DOCSIS-based cable plant in order to get guide data....