dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
« Will Pay For Services
This is a sub-selection from I don't get it....
schwarzwald
join:2001-12-24
Severna Park, MD

schwarzwald to flashcore

to flashcore

Re: I don't get it....

said by flashcore:

While I don't have the 300Mbit plan I do have the 150, and there is no way Concast is going to match the 70Mbit upload speed with there existing setup, they also wont be able to get the low pings that FiOS can achieve due to the overhead in docsis networks. Lastly, what good is 300Mbit on Concast when they purposely oversubscribe there backbone links to over half the internet causing 500ms+ pings during peak hours.

* Speedtest's flash program cant handle the upload speeds, its a known bug that they have fixed but the people running the test sites haven't bothered to upgrade yet.

My Comcast pings are just fine! I do see a limitation for upload. The meter bangs up against the 12Mbps limit pretty hard when I do testing.

ShaperProbe is also consistently matching with Speedtest. Don't believe everything you read. Some markets are getting excellent service from Comcast.

somms
join:2003-07-28
Centerville, UT

somms

I have the opposite problem where speedtest site has a tough time registering proper pings from my fiber gateway...

schwarzwald
join:2001-12-24
Severna Park, MD

schwarzwald

said by somms:

I have the opposite problem where speedtest site has a tough time registering proper pings from my fiber gateway...

Sarcasm noted.
« Will Pay For Services
This is a sub-selection from I don't get it....